Baker McKenzie advised YAGEO Corporation (2327.TW) in its binding commitment with Schneider Electric (SU.PA) to acquire its Telemecanique Sensors business. The proposed all-cash acquisition values the Telemecanique Sensors’ business at an enterprise value of EUR 723 million, with an estimated equity value of approximately EUR 686 million assuming customary adjustments at closing, and will be financed entirely through existing cash.
Taipei Principal, Wen-Yen Kang, has been in constant contact with the top management of YAGEO. He also led the Baker McKenzie team with Partners Louis Hsieh and Lawrence Lee. The Baker McKenzie team includes:
- M&A: Wen-Yen Kang, Louis Hsieh, Lawrence Lee, Stéphane Davin, Savéria Laforce, Antoine Caillard, Philippe Frieden, Devin Muntz, Sean Turner, Nicolas Woo, Sarah Belahcen, James Tenrai
- Corporate / Carve-out: Christine Cadence, Fifamè Segbenou, Emery Mitchell, Joe Lance
- Antitrust: John Fedele, Léna Sersiron, Olivia Chriqui-Guiot
- International Commercial: Eunkyung Kim Shin, Taylor Parker
- Employment and Benefits: Olivier Vasset, Christopher Guldberg, Elizabeth Ebersole, Damiya Park, M’Alyssa Mecenas
- Environment: Michael Perche, Mehdi Achachera, Jessica Wicha
- Intellectual Property: Nathalie Marchand, Samuel Kramer, Adam Aft, Magalie Dansac Le Clerc, Berenice De Wailly, Alex Crowley, Jessica Greenwald
- Real Estate: Sarah Winston, Maria Batlouni, Matthew McCarthy
- Tax: Kai Kramer, Ross Staine
In addition to the team members listed above, Baker McKenzie teams in Indonesia, Mexico, Ukraine, Sweden, Italy, Brazil, Germany, Austria, UK, Spain, China, Japan, Singapore, Turkey, and Canada lent their support to this deal.
Baker McKenzie is a transactional powerhouse, with more than 2,500 deal practitioners in 45 countries offering leading expertise in the areas most critical for our clients. We excel in complex transactions and cross-border deals – over 60% of our deals are multi-jurisdictional. We are global and local, combining money-market sophistication with local excellence.
Learn more on YAGEO Corporation’s website.