Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Safran Group on the international and U.S. competition and regulatory aspects of its sale of Morpho Detection, a leading explosive and chemical detection company, to Smiths Detection, a division of Smiths Group. The transaction received significant scrutiny from the Antitrust Division and was a finalist for the Global Competition Review’s 2018 Merger Control Matter of the Year (Americas).
- Advised CLARCOR Inc., a major manufacturer of filtration products, on the U.S. antitrust aspects of its USD 4.3 billion sale to Parker Hannifin Corporation.
- Advised Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KgaA, one of the largest suppliers of outpatient dialysis services in the United States, in the Federal Trade Commission's investigation of its acquisition of Liberty Dialysis Holdings, Inc. The transaction was valued at approximately USD2.1 billion and involved over 100 distinct geographic markets.
- Advised Gardner Denver, Inc., a worldwide compressor manufacturer, in its USD3.9 billion sale to Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (KKR), a global investment firm.
- Advised One Equity Partners on its acquisition of Sonneborn, Inc., one of the world's largest dedicated suppliers of white oils, petrolatums, waxes and other hydrocarbon specialty products, including the coordination of premerger notifications in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. on its acquisition of seventeen brands from GlaxoSmithKline, including the coordination of premerger notifications in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised Stericycle, Inc., the largest supplier of medical waste collection and treatment services, in the Antitrust Division's investigations of its acquisitions of its largest domestic competitors, Healthcare Waste Solutions and Medserve, Inc.
- Advised Labinal, Inc., a company of the Safran Group, on its acquisition of Harvard Custom Manufacturing, Inc., a manufacturer of electrical wiring systems for commercial and military aerospace applications, and performed all merger-control analyses.
- “Competition – Future Leader,” Who’s Who Legal 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section - Joint Conduct Committee Vice-Chair
- American Health Lawyer’s Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2010)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2007)
- District of Columbia~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2004)
- New York~United States (2004)
- New York University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2003)
- Harvard University (B.A. magna cum laude) (2000)
Co-author, "Think Again—Allocating Antitrust Risk in a Climate of Protracted Investigations," CPI Antitrust Chronicle, May 2016
Author, International Activities chapter of the Corporate Legal Compliance Handbook, Wolters Kluwer, 2016
Moderator, ABA Antitrust Section’s Monthly Antitrust Update for In-house Counsel, September 2014
Moderator, ABA Antitrust Section’s Monthly Antitrust Update for In-house Counsel, February 2014
Panelist, ABA Antitrust Section’s Health and Pharmaceuticals Committee’s Recent Development Series, October 2012