Sarah Winston works as a partner in the Firm’s Global Real Estate Practice Group in Chicago. She advises developers, institutional lenders and equity investors on buying and selling a wide range of commercial real estate, particularly hotels and resorts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a hotel owner in a USD215 million transaction to sell six properties located across the US.
- Represented a developer in acquiring property in Chicago to build a hotel and condominium complex with approximately 275 hotel rooms and 352 condominium units.
- Represented a seller/borrower in the liquidation of various US properties in bankruptcy court, and the "exit" financing secured by over 100 US properties.
- Represented the borrowers in a USD425 million direct to capital markets securitized loan transaction secured by five luxury hotels located throughout the US and Mexico.
- Represented the borrower in a USD500 million revolving line of credit loan, partially secured by properties located throughout the US.
- Represented a company in negotiating the lease for its headquarters in San Diego, California.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
- U.S. Federal District Court~United States (1999)
- Illinois~United States (1999)
- Michigan~United States (1998)
- Michigan State University (J.D., cum laude) (1998)
- University of Michigan (B.A. Political Science) (1994)