Reinvent is Baker McKenzie's innovation program. It brings together all our change initiatives in support of better client outcomes. It connects our service design, alternative legal services and legal project management team, our Global e-Discovery and Data Advisory teams, Reinvent Fellows, LegalTech Startup program and more. But it is more than the sum of these parts. Reinvent captures our commitment to apply clever solutions to meet our clients' challenges and most strategic goals – the people, process, and technology that can accelerate change and deliver speed, accuracy, flexibility and efficiency gains.
Our Focus Areas
Adopting best practice tools and approaches to transform the legal function to meet new organizational demands.
Improving how our services are delivered to increase efficiency, cost certainty and quality of legal counsel.
|Exploring next generation solutions to evolve organizational challenges and solve commercial problems.|
Our Change Initiatives
- Partnered with artificial intelligence leaders SparkBeyond to predict what kind of services clients will require from law firms.
- Joined with Daimler, Bosch, ING, Wolters Kluwer and AF, plus 30+ legal tech start-ups and law schools to collaborate through the Reinvent Law - The Legal Innovation Hub in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Became one of the founding partners and first law firm sponsors of the World Economic Forum's Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (C4IR) - a global hub of expertise, knowledge-sharing and collaboration for co-designing and piloting innovative new approaches to policy and governance.
- Created an in-house global service design team with people located in the US, UK, Germany and Singapore to better meet client needs.
- Established our Reinvent Fellows program to target tangible service delivery improvements by either changing how we work, or addressing a material client problem. We currently have 11 Fellows running 7 projects across 5 practice areas, with all Fellows given fee-earning relief to focus on developing and delivering innovation initiatives.
- Launched our LegalTech Startup program, which currently includes 13 companies.