Lawrence C. Lee is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Palo Alto office and a member of the Firm's Corporate and Securities Practice Group. Lawrence regularly advises public and private companies, as well as investment banks and private equity funds, in connection with M&A transactions across a variety of industries, with a focus on the technology sector. He most recently served as in-house counsel for a San Francisco digital currency exchange where he led all corporate and strategic transactions and investments. From 2015 to 2018, he was selected by California Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Mergers and Acquisitions. In 2020, Lawrence was selected by Law360 as a Top Attorney Under 40 in the Technology sector.
Lawrence's practice focuses primarily on public and private company merger and acquisition transactions and takeover defense, as well as private equity transactions, venture capital investments, LBOs, recapitalizations and spin-off transactions. Lawrence also advises companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance and securities law compliance matters. Additionally, he has significant experience representing clients in the cryptocurrency industry on corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Snowflake Inc. on its acquisition of Cryptonumerics Inc.
- Advised SAP SE on the sale of its SAP Digital Interconnect business to Sinch AB for approximately USD 240 million.
- Advised Tencent Holdings Ltd. on its acquisition of Funcom NV.
- Advised the majority shareholders of MagicLab, which owns Badoo, Bumble, Chappy, and Lumen, on the majority stake sale to funds managed by Blackstone, valuing the company at approximately USD 3 billion.
Prior to joining the Firm, Lawrence served as counsel to:
- Adobe Systems Incorporated in its USD 540 million acquisition of TubeMogul, Inc.
- CSL Behring in its USD 416 million acquisition of Calimmune, Inc.
- Facebook, Inc. in its USD 16 billion acquisition of WhatsApp Inc.
- HCL Technologies, Inc. and Sumeru Equity Partners in their USD 330 million acquisition of Actian Corporation
- Oracle Corporation on numerous acquisitions, including its USD 9.3 billion acquisition of NetSuite Inc.; its USD 532 million acquisition of Opower, Inc.; its USD 663 million acquisition of Textura Corporation; and its USD 5.3 billion acquisition of MICROS Systems Inc.
- Rakuten, Inc. in its acquisition of Curbside, Inc.
- Law360 Top Attorneys Under 40, Technology, 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Northern California, 2015-2018
- California~United States
- Harvard Law School (JD)
- University of California, Berkeley (AB)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.