Eunkyung advises clients on various regulatory compliance and trade issues, concentrating on the US export controls such as the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), economic and trade sanctions, US customs and import laws, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and foreign anti-bribery laws.
Additionally, Eunkyung advises clients in internal and external audits of compliance with US and non-US export controls, economic and trade sanctions, and customs and import laws, structuring compliance programs, and obtaining authorization from the US Government for activities subject to the EAR, the ITAR, and US economic and trade sanctions programs. Eunkyung also advises clients on M&A export control, economic and trade sanctions, customs and import law, anti-corruption, and anti-boycott due diligence reviews of target companies in Europe, Latin America, and Asia, in collaboration with the Firm's M&A attorneys in multiple jurisdictions. Her assistance extends to voluntary disclosure filings to, and enforcement actions brought by, the US government in relation to the EAR, the ITAR, economic and trade sanctions, antiboycott rules and regulations, and US customs and import laws. She frequently writes and speaks on these areas. She also regularly counsels Korea-based companies on various issues related to doing business globally.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Organization of Women in International Trade - Board Member
- Korean American Bar Association - Board Member
- Chinese American Bar Association - Board Member
- Chicago Bar Association - YLS International Corporate and Trade Law Committee - Vice-Chair
- Illinois~United States
- U.S. Court of International Trade~United States
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (J.D.)
- Washington University in St. Louis (B.A. with Honors)
- Seoul National University Law School (Exchange)
- Beijing Capital Normal University (Exchange)