Léna Sersiron leads Baker McKenzie’s French Competition and Distribution practice. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2003 and was co-opted as a Partner in 2012. She is a worldwide Baker McKenzie Competition Steering Committee member.
With over 20 years' experience, Léna Sersiron has a strong track record of successfully handling difficult and sensitive competition cases (investigations and subsequent litigation) at both EU and national level. She has extensive knowledge related to inspections and the collection of digital evidence (forensic IT). She advises various clients on a wide array of competition subjects, including complex merger control operations (at a French and EU level). She also works on distribution law cases.
Léna Sersiron also advises blue-chip clients from multiple sectors such as Daunat, Demeco, Lubrizol, Servier, Wonderbox, EDF, TDF, Crédit Agricole, Avis Budget Group, CGI, etc.
She is also well-established in the agricultural and food sector, advising various clients and professional trade associations (FNPSM, CNIEL, Nutrixo, FNIL, etc.) on a wide array of competition subjects.
She frequently contributes to various law conferences and seminars.
Léna Sersiron has been praised by one rival practitioner as an "excellent litigator." Acritas 2021 recognizes Léna as a "stellar professional lawyer" based on interviews and testimonials of more than 2,500 companies decision-makers. Clients interviewed have called her "very talented. The work provided is irreproachable and of high quality." She is also reported to be "the most impressive on contentious matters currently" and "a remarkable lawyer," according to sources. She is highly sought after for her expertise in handling abuse of dominance and cartel investigations. Clients also say that they are "extremely happy about her way of practising," going on to add, "She knows the ins and outs of the law."
- Who's Who Legal 2023
- Ranked among the "thought leaders" for competition
- Legal 500 EMEA 2021 - France
- Tier 2, EU Competition and Distribution
- Leading Individual in France
- Chambers Europe 2022 - France
- Band 2, Competition/European Law
- Global Competition Review 100 France - 2022
- "Recommended" Lawyer in GCR 100 France
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Paris Bar Association - Member
- AFEC (International League for Competition - French Branch)
- Competition Law Association (Association des Professionnels du Droit de la Concurrence) - Member
- French Association of Lawyers Practising Competition Law (APDC) - President (February 2021-present)
- Baker McKenzie Paris Competition and Distribution Team - Head
- Baker McKenzie Global Competition Steering Committee - Member
- Baker McKenzie Paris Inclusion & Diversity Committee - Chair
- Baker McKenzie Paris Green Committee - Green Ambassador
- Paris~France (2000)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (DEA) (1997)
- E.F.B. (Bar Exam) (1997)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (Maitrise) (1996)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (License Law) (1995)