Baker McKenzie is one of the largest law firms in Switzerland. Our offices in Geneva and Zurich have been an integral part of the Swiss legal landscape for more than half a century, firmly establishing us as a prominent force for our domestic and foreign clients. Our vast, experienced team of experts, composed of more than 130 lawyers, is providing Swiss and multinational industry players, financial institutions, private equity houses and insurance companies with top-tier legal advice. We have a fantastic track record for domestic and cross-border advice in all areas of business law. The dedication to providing clients with practical and innovative solutions, along with the quality of our work, has been consistently recognized with top rankings by Chambers and Partners and Legal 500.
As global citizens, industry savvy, diverse and with a thirst for innovation, our horizon does not end in Switzerland. Our unique global footprint with 78 offices in 46 countries allows us to bring the right talent at the right time to every client issue, regardless of where the client is. And since our clients want lawyers who are prepared to lead, differentiate and adapt in a constantly changing world, we have built on our strengths and abilities to adopt a new type of thinking and use cutting-edge legal technologies to help clients overcome the challenges of competing in today's new world economic order.
Our Swiss offices combine local experience with international reach to offer clients first-class legal advice. We offer the full range of legal services, across all industry sectors and practice areas to our clients:
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Wealth Management
- Antitrust & Competition
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
Helping the communities where we operate is an integral part of our work. Therefore, we are committed to positively impacting both our global and local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. See examples below:
Inclusion & Diversity
- Our offices are known for their multifaceted commitment to inclusion and diversity. Since our inception, we have boosted diversity awareness and inclusion practices every day. We will continue to do everything possible to create the best environment for all of our employees. While our approach to diversity and inclusion is multifaceted, the three main areas on which we focus are ethnic and cultural diversity, gender diversity and LGBT diversity.
- Since 2021, we are supporting Advance, the leading business association for gender equality in Switzerland, a network of more than 120 Swiss-based companies committed to increasing the share of women in management. Advance offers a concrete program that supports member companies to reach their gender diversity objectives — in short, our perfect partner in Switzerland!
We understand that being responsible global citizens means protecting our environment. With this understanding, in our two Swiss offices we continue to implement initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint, including the following:
- In Zurich, for example, our professionals work in a "Minergie-P" standard building, which has been moved entirely to energy-efficient lighting.
- Furthermore, our lawyers and staff participate in a building-wide recycling program and we have numerous "Go Green" strategies, which include encouraging our staff to conserve energy and resources.
Pro bono and community service
- As part of our commitment, we work closely with the University of St. Gallen's law school to help educate the next generation of lawyers. We sponsor students' participation in the Willem C. Vis Moot Court, and many of our professionals participate in various programs to coach and mentor law students.
On a global level
One of the major benefits of being a global law firm is having the bandwidth and resources to help people through our work in lots of places and on large-scale projects. Through our CSR program, we inspire Firm colleagues to make a difference, and collaborate with clients that share the same commitment to social justice. Our Firm is also a signatory of the UN Global Compact, pledging to support 10 universally accepted human rights, labor, anti-corruption, environment and sustainability principles.
"Life with Baker"
Our talents are part of an international team. Despite being based in Geneva or Zurich, all our people are in regular contact with our colleagues around the world and have an insight into the vibrant everyday life of a global corporate law firm. We offer flexible career and working models at different stages of life.
All of this is in an atmosphere in which we take different cultural backgrounds, experiences and ways of thinking seriously and make optimum use of diversity. From the very first day you start with us, you will be given the opportunity to work on exciting major mandates – at the client's site, often cross-border and always cutting edge!
We attach particular importance to the professional and personal development of our people. Our mentoring program, domestic and international mobility programs, and in-house Baker McKenzie university form part of this.
Are we your choice? Check out our Switzerland career opportunities
Trainee Lawyer Program*
Das Programm für unsere Substitut:innen
*Program available in German language only.