Representative Legal Matters
Developed and managed the global filing and prosecution strategy for a technology start-up company focused on the sustainable production and extraction of plant based protein, including providing strategic filing advice based on their key markets, competitors, and enforcement limitations.
Developed and managed global prosecution strategy for a major Texas University in the genetically modified crop space.
Manage the global plant variety rights and patent filings and prosecution thereof for the global leader in kiwi production and distribution.
Advised international pharmaceutical company regarding the IP aspects of a $1.95 billion public company acquisition of a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of migraine therapies. Jessie's contributions to the deal focused heavily on the analysis of the target company's patent portfolio and IP related agreements.
Advised a Japanese technology company regarding IP aspects of a $1 billion acquisition of a genetic diagnostics company, and thus contributing to their goal of developing a precision medicine platform.
Advised an Australian-based regenerative medicine company in connection with a proposed US public share offering.
Provided patentability and non-infringement advice to a blood products manufacturer relating to IVIG and fibrinogen related technologies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas~United States (2014)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (J.D. , Order of the Coif, Symposium Editor, SMU Law Review Association) (2014)
- Texas A&M University (Ph.D. Plant Pathology and Microbiology) (2011)
- College of William and Mary (B.S. Biology) (2005)