Emery Mitchell is a corporate/M&A partner in the Firm’s San Francisco office. He has more than 25 years of experience practicing in New York and San Francisco as a corporate transactional lawyer. His practice covers public and private company M&A, cross-border transactions, venture capital/private equity and financial advisory matters. Mr. Mitchell currently serves on Baker McKenzie’s North America Private Equity Steering Committee.
Mr. Mitchell represents public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of companies and assets and in joint ventures. He also represents venture capital/private equity funds, companies and investors in venture capital/private equity investments and fund formation and represents investment banks in financial advisory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Yelp, Inc., in its acquisition of Cityvox, and the assets of restaurant-kritik.
- Represented Emulex Corporation, in its acquisition of LSE/AIM-listed Endace Limited.
- Represented Viña Concha y Toro, in its acquisition of Fetzer Vineyards.
- Represented Telefónica Digital, in its acquisition of Jajah, Inc.
- Represented Gibson Guitar, in its tender offer for a controlling stake in TEAC Corp.
- Represented TIBCO Software Inc., in its acquisitions of Nimbus Partners Ltd.
- Represented Target Compiler Technologies, in its acquisition by Synopsys.
- Represented NexTag, Inc. in its acquisition of guenstiger.de GmbH.
- Represented Motorola, Inc., in the sale of the assets of its automotive products business to Continental AG and in its tender offer for JASDAQ-listed Vertex Standard.
- Represented AVG Technologies, in its acquisition of the assets of Sana Corporation.
- California~United States (1998)
- New York~United States (1990)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D.) (1989)
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A.) (1983)
Co-author, “Acquiring Start-Up Technology Companies,” Euromoney Magazine, Internet Economy 2001/2002 edition
Co-author, “A Tweak with a Punch”—An Analysis of the Pure Resources decision, The Daily Deal, November 2, 2002
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.