Trust the firm that knows Asia Pacific's legal landscape like no other. Baker McKenzie. First in Asia Pacific.
For more than 60 years, we’ve worked alongside Asia Pacific's leading companies on legal matters within the region, and globally.
Baker McKenzie is first in mind across the diverse landscape of the region. Having built relationships with financial institutions, advisors, regulators and more, we are proud to serve clients with sophisticated and commercial insight on corporate and commercial law matters.
Wherever you are in the region, we're right there with you. Our network of 17 offices across major cities and financial centers in Asia Pacific ensures you're well-connected to an integrated suite of services and expertise.
Trusted legal advisors for Asia Pacific
- Strongest Law Firm Brand Globally (since 2011),Thomson Reuters Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index
- Top Law Firm in Asia Pacific, Thomson Reuters Regional Law Firm Brand Indexes 2023
- Firm of the Year 2023 in 8 categories including ESG & Sustainability, Labour & Employment, and Fintech, Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards 2023
- 140 Band 1 rankings across multiple practice areas, Chambers
- Asia Pacific and Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2023 Asia Pacific International Trademarks Firm of the Year (since 2010), Asia IP Awards
- Thailand Law Firm of the Year & Vietnam Law Firm of the Year, Chambers Asia Pacific Awards, 2023
Join the global stage to make your mark. We operate across 17 locations in Asia Pacific and in more than 70 offices worldwide.
Work closely with a range of clients, including many of the Global 500 companies and leading domestic and international organizations in Asia Pacific. Expect to deliver advice on local and cross-border transactions as well as in complex contentious and non-contentious work as you build long-lasting connections with colleagues and clients across borders.
Additionally, our Asia Pacific and international mobility programs offer you the opportunity to work in other countries, giving you exposure to diverse business and cultural settings to broaden your international outlook.
We've been supporting communities in Asia Pacific since we opened our first office in the region in 1963. Our pro bono, fundraising and environmental initiatives include our Kuala Lumpur office's efforts to provide scholarships and temporary work opportunities for orphans at the Good Samaritan Home and moving our Bangkok, Melbourne and Singapore offices to green-rated buildings to reduce our carbon footprint.
Other initiatives include:
- Donating 150 sets of computers and notebooks to be distributed to disadvantaged schools and rural areas (Bangkok office).
- Launching the world’s first pro bono legal service for cancer patients to help them access their pension funds, establish power of attorney and address debts and other issues that affect those with critical illnesses (Melbourne office).
- Providing free legal services and educational materials as part of a “Reading and Feeding” program for welfare children (Manila office).
- Participating in job placement programs designed to help adults with psychiatric issues return to work by hiring them to work at our Firm (Hong Kong and Tokyo offices).
Chair, Asia Pacific
Shih Yann LooPartner
- Hong Kong
Executive Committee Member
Chief Executive, Asia
Steven R. SiekerPartner
- Hong Kong
Managing Director, Asia Pacific
Christopher FreelandManaging Director, Asia Pacific