Our 50 lawyers in Sweden advise clients on some of the most significant transactions in the Nordic and Baltic regions, such as advising European mobile gaming company LeoVegas with its initial public offering on Stockholm's Nasdaq First North Premier and representing Nordic Capital in its acquisition of ABB's Full Service business unit, a leading industrial maintenance services provider in Europe.
StockholmVasagatan 7, Floor 8
P.O. Box 180
Stockholm SE-101 23
With our global reach and deep understanding of laws in the Nordic and Baltic regions, our Sweden lawyers advise on complex, pioneering cross-borders transactions and provide a full range of legal services to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Our Banking & Finance and Capital Markets teams advise on international public and private financial transactions, working closely with our M&A practice to deliver a collaborative approach. Since the beginning of 2015, our Capital Markets team has completed more than 30 transactions, including the IPOs of Tobii, a high-tech Swedish company that develops eye tracking products and Troax, a Swedish company that manufactures machine guards and industrial storage solutions.
We participate in job fairs in Stockholm, Lund and Uppsala, Örebro, Umeå och Göteborg, where students can learn more about what it’s like to work at Baker McKenzie. We also invite students to networking mixers at our Stockholm office.
Baker McKenzie knows that an internship provides excellent practical work experience. We offer selected swedish law students a ten-week thesis internship, a chance to work on actual cases, receive professional training and attend Firm networking events. We accept about four to six law students every semester - read more about our two kinds of internship in the information leaflets below.
This six-week course gives law students the chance to work on actual cases, receive professional training and attend Firm networking events. We accept about six law students for this program every summer.
Read more about career opportunities in the information leaflets below (In Swedish).
Baker McKenzie’s Stockholm office has been ISO certified since 12 June 2013. This is a natural consequence of the Firm’s approach to environmentalism as part of Baker McKenzie’s long-term efforts in environmental and social responsibility. Baker McKenzie’s Stockholm office has been actively working with environmental issues since 2008.
Our responsibility as a legal service provider goes beyond advising clients. Helping our local community has always been an integral component of our work and we provide pro bono legal assistance to organizations in Stockholm including:
- Raoul Wallenberg Academy for Young Leaders - Raoul Wallenberg Academy is acting in the spirit of Raoul Wallenberg, by supporting young people to find the courage to make a difference and to take action for equal rights. They cultivate the four qualities common to positive change-makers in society such as Raoul Wallenberg: empathy, courage, leadership and cooperation. They do this by offering tools, education and long-term school projects.
- Stiftelsen Friends, a non-profit dedicated to preventing bullying in schools and sports clubs throughout Sweden.
- Solvatten, an organization that invented a portable water treatment and solar water heater system for households in the developing world to protect children susceptible to waterborne diseases.
- NU: Nolla Utanförskapet - an initiative to prevent social alienation. NU works mainly with youngsters (12-25 years). NU works very practically, and have home work hubs at companies for youngsters from vulnerable areas around Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö.
- The Swedish Sports Confederation (Riksidrottsförbundet) - an umbrella organization with the task of supporting its member federations and, in an official capacity, representing the whole Swedish sports movement in contacts with the authorities, politicians etc. High priority is given to employing the full force of a united popular movement vis-à-vis political decision-makers.
- Inkludera - an organization that works against social exclusion in Sweden by strengthening entrepreneurs who developed solutions to social problems.