Our lawyers in Sweden advise clients on some of the most significant transactions in the Nordic and Baltic regions, such as advising THQ Nordic on the acquisitions of Gunfire Games and Milestone s.r.l., representing Hitachi Ltd in connection with its proposed acquisition of a majority of the power grids division of ABB, and advising global investment firm KKR on its acquisition of 30% of Sector Alarm. No other law firm in the Swedish market offers Nordic clients the same link to North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America and EMEA as we do.
Building on our long commitment to social and environmental responsibility, Baker McKenzie’s Stockholm office has been environmentally certified in accordance with ISO 14001 since June 2013, and was recertified in 2022 to the newly revised ISO 14001:2015. In addition, our operations in Stockholm have since 2020 achieved net zero emissions of greenhouse gases.
StockholmVasagatan 7, Floor 8
P.O. Box 180
Stockholm SE-101 23
With our global reach and deep understanding of laws in the Nordic and Baltic regions, our Sweden lawyers advise on complex, pioneering cross-borders transactions and provide a full range of legal services to help clients achieve their business objectives. We act for a number of top Nordic clients, including corporations such as Husqvarna, Latour, Storytel, Toadman Interactive and LeoVegas and private equity firms such as Nordic Capital, FSN Capital and Accent Equity Partners.
Our Banking & Finance and Capital Markets teams advise on international public and private financial transactions, working closely with our M&A practice to deliver a collaborative approach. Our Capital Markets team in Stockholm has been one of the most active law firms in capital markets transactions during the last years. A large part of the capital markets transactions involved other jurisdictions than Sweden and our Swedish Capital Market team is ranked high in Thomson Reuters' Capital Markets EMEA rankings.
We participate in job fairs in Stockholm, Lund and Uppsala, Örebro, Umeå och Göteborg, where students can learn more about what it’s like to work at Baker McKenzie. We also invite students to networking mixers at our Stockholm office.
Baker McKenzie knows that an internship provides excellent practical work experience. We offer selected Swedish law students a ten-week thesis internship, a chance to work on actual cases, receive professional training and attend Firm networking events. We accept about four law students every semester.
This six-week course gives law students the chance to work on actual cases, receive professional training and attend Firm networking events. We accept about six law students for this program every summer.
Read more about career opportunities on our Swedish career webpage.
Baker McKenzie’s Stockholm office has been ISO certified since 12 June 2013. This is a natural consequence of the Firm’s approach to environmentalism as part of Baker McKenzie’s long-term efforts in environmental and social responsibility. Baker McKenzie’s Stockholm office has been actively working with environmental issues since 2008.
Our responsibility as a legal service provider goes beyond advising clients. Helping our local community has always been an integral component of our work and we provide pro bono legal assistance to organizations in Stockholm including:
- Raoul Wallenberg Academy for Young Leaders - Raoul Wallenberg Academy is acting in the spirit of Raoul Wallenberg by supporting young people to find the courage to make a difference and to take action for equal rights. They cultivate the four qualities common to positive change-makers in society such as Raoul Wallenberg: empathy, courage, leadership and cooperation. They do this by offering tools, education and long-term school projects.
- Stiftelsen Friends - a non-profit dedicated to preventing bullying in schools and sports clubs throughout Sweden.
- Solvatten - an organization that invented a portable water treatment and solar water heater system for households in the developing world to protect children susceptible to waterborne diseases.
- Inkludera - an organization that works against social exclusion in Sweden by strengthening entrepreneurs who developed solutions to social problems.
- Maskrosbarn - children's rights organization that supports young people who have parents who are mentally ill or have been abuse.