Leading global law firm, Baker McKenzie, has advised PDS Limited (PDS), the global fashion infrastructure company on its strategic partnership with Authentic Brands Group (ABG), a global brand development, marketing, and entertainment platform, for Ted Baker operations in Europe through the establishment of Ted Baker Design Group (TDG).
PDS will serve as the brand’s global hub for design and innovation and take on Ted Baker’s design and merchandising functions. PDS will also become a core licensee and operating partner for Ted Baker.
Global Ted Baker distribution partners will purchase the brand’s core categories from TDG, including men’s and women’s sportswear and outerwear, men’s dress shirts, women’s dresses, and fashion handbags. TDG will also service wholesale accounts in the UK and Europe.
The Baker McKenzie team was led by London Corporate Partner, Ash Tiwari, with support from Corporate Associate Andrew Tyau. The team also included:
- Employment: Stephen Ratcliffe (Partner), Jonathan Tuck (Partner), Alexandra Hindley(Associate)
- Tax: Alistair Craig (Partner), Tom Roberts (Associate) and Becky Rainer (VAT Adviser)
- IP: Julia Dickenson (Of Counsel), Catherine Woods (Associate), Bryan Poon (Associate)
- Commercial: Sue McLean (Partner), Harry Kirkwood (Associate)
- Pensions: Jonathan Sharp (Partner), Mark Solomon (Senior Associate)
- US Corporate team: Alan Zoccolillo (Partner), Jieun Tak (Associate)
London Corporate partner, Ash Tiwari - who led the deal - commented: "It was a pleasure to support the PDS team on this transaction as PDS expands its service offerings to iconic global brands including Ted Baker. This strategic partnership will also position the Ted Baker brand for continued growth and expansion globally.”
Slaughter and May acted as legal counsel to ABG and Lewis Silkin acted as legal counsel to Ted Baker.