Market volatility, improvements in life expectancy and unpredictable plan/pension fund deficits have made pension risk management a high priority for employers. Our pension specialists across the globe help employers, trustees and plan administrators to develop and manage cross-border pension programs that meet all of the relevant legislative, regulatory and fiscal requirements, as well as to address intersecting tax and labor considerations.
Working closely with lawyers in our Tax, Capital Markets, Corporate, Banking & Finance and Insurance practices, our pension lawyers provide integrated advice on large-scale pension projects, such as asset-backed financing, longevity swaps and insurance transactions. We also advise buyers and sellers on pension-related matters in complex, multijurisdictional transactions and represent clients in disputes before government authorities and agencies.
How we can help
- Conducting risk assessments (regulatory, financial and operational)
- Latest risk/deficit reduction and pension plan restructuring strategies
- Fiduciary matters and governance issues
- Global harmonization exercises
- Advising on pensions issues in an employment law context (e.g., terminations)
- Multijurisdictional transactions
- Plan investments
- Pension disputes
- Pension plan documentation