Alan Zoccolillo is the Chair of the North American Corporate and Securities practice, the Chair of the North American Healthcare group and co-managing partner of the New York office. Mr. Zoccolillo was named by Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 as one of the leading lawyers in the US for mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Zoccolillo has significant experience in general corporate counseling and in structuring, negotiating and implementing a variety of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and private equity transactions. He routinely represents a broad range of local and multinational clients in US and cross-border business and investment transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Spectrum Brands, Inc. on its divestiture of Rayovac to Energizer for USD 2 billion.
- Advised SIKA AG on its acquisition of Parex S.A. for EUR 2.5 billion.
- Advised Advent International on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Prisma de Medios, S.A. at a valuation of USD 1.42 billion.
- Advised The Nielsen Company in connection with its acquisition of Gracenote from The Tribune Company for USD 560 million.
- Advised Fresenius Medical Care North America in connection with its acquisition of Liberty Dialysis Holdings, Inc. for USD 2.1 billion.
- Advised Spectrum Brands, Inc. on its acquisition of Armor All/STP for USD 1.4 billion.
- Advised Unilever PLC on its acquisitions of Hourglass Cosmetics, Sir Kensington’s, Schmidt’s Natural and Living Proof Hair Care.
- Represented Fletcher Building Limited, a building products company, in connection with its acquisition of Formica Corporation from Cerberus Capital Management, LP for USD 750 million.
- New York~United States (2000)
- Connecticut~United States (1999)
- Pace University (J.D. cum laude) (1999)
- Pace University (M.B.A. Finance) (1999)
- Wake Forest University (B.A. cum laude) (1995)
Speaker, M&A Strategies for Media, Information, and Technology Companies: Getting Deals Done in the Current Financial Environment, 6 February 2009
Co-author, "Tender Memories: Can the Cash Tender Offer Survive as We Know It?" The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, April 2003
Author, "Choice of Law Clauses in International Sale of Goods Contracts," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, May 2002
Author, "The Power of Poison," The Daily Deal, May 2001