Alan Zoccolillo is the Chair of the North American Transactional practices, the past Chair of the North American Healthcare group and co-managing partner of the New York office. Mr. Zoccolillo was named by Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 as one of the leading lawyers in the US for mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Zoccolillo has significant experience in general corporate counseling and in structuring, negotiating and implementing a variety of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and private equity transactions. He routinely represents a broad range of local and multinational clients in US and cross-border business and investment transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Spectrum Brands, Inc. on its divestiture of Rayovac to Energizer for USD 2 billion.
- Advised SIKA AG on its acquisition of Parex S.A. for EUR 2.5 billion.
- Advised Advent International on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Prisma de Medios, S.A. at a valuation of USD 1.42 billion.
- Advised The Nielsen Company in connection with its acquisition of Gracenote from The Tribune Company for USD 560 million.
- Advised Fresenius Medical Care North America in connection with its acquisition of Liberty Dialysis Holdings, Inc. for USD 2.1 billion.
- Advised Spectrum Brands, Inc. on its acquisition of Armor All/STP for USD 1.4 billion.
- Advised Unilever PLC on its acquisitions of Hourglass Cosmetics, Sir Kensington’s, Schmidt’s Natural and Living Proof Hair Care.
- Represented Fletcher Building Limited, a building products company, in connection with its acquisition of Formica Corporation from Cerberus Capital Management, LP for USD 750 million.
- New York~United States (2000)
- Connecticut~United States (1999)
- Pace University (J.D. cum laude) (1999)
- Pace University (M.B.A. Finance) (1999)
- Wake Forest University (B.A. cum laude) (1995)