Julia is Of Counsel in the Intellectual Property department of Baker McKenzie London. She joined Baker McKenzie as a trainee in 2003. She qualified into the IP Group in March 2005, after completing a secondment in the IP Group at Baker McKenzie’s Sydney office.
Representative Legal Matters
Examples of recent discloseable work include:
- Acting for a global luxury and fashion group in relation to online IP enforcement matters
- Advising a multinational fashion company on digital IP issues including in relation to platform liability
- Advising one of the world’s leading social media platforms on IP liability and infringement issues and product counselling
- Acting for a large international cosmetics company in relation to a number of trade mark litigation actions
- Acting for Meltwater in the landmark CJEU and UK Supreme Court copyright case relating to use of copyright works online
- Lead advisor for a global fashion and cosmetics brand in relation to trade mark, copyright and design disputes
- Coordinating and managing EMEA brand protection programmes for a multinational electronics company and a leading fashion company
- Advising a number of brand clients on online advertising and social media campaigns
- Advising a leading consumer electronics brand on multiple IP and commercial issues.
- Acting for an international publishing and entertainment company on copyright and trade mark infringement issues.
Julia has advised Save the Children for many years on IP infringement and licensing issues, and also acts for Amnesty International.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- Nottingham Law School (Legal Practice Course, with distinction) (2002)
- Bristol University (Postgraduate Diploma in IP Law, with distinction) (2002)
- University College London (LLB Laws degree, first class) (2001)