Julia is Of Counsel in the Intellectual Property department of Baker McKenzie London.
Julia specialises in brand litigation and enforcement, and copyright advisory and litigation. She advises a variety of clients in the luxury and fashion, CG&R, technology and digital industries on trade mark, design and copyright issues, and strategically advises on and runs litigation and enforcement matters both regionally and globally. She also regularly advises clients on complex copyright issues, particularly relating to copyright in the digital space. Julia has acted for clients before the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, CJEU and EPO on copyright, trade mark, design right and patent disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for L’Oreal in relation to a number of trade mark and brand enforcement matters, including in High Court and Court of Appeal trade mark infringement litigation.
- Advising a number of European and US luxury brands on issues relating to the enforcement of their selective distribution systems, including UK and European lititigation against unauthorised sales outside the SDS.
- Advising a number of leading brands in the luxury and fashion industries on IP issues relating to online and digital sales; including global rights clearance, IP issues relating to virtual stores and shows, and alternative online marketing.
- Achieving successful resolution for a global brands company in IPEC copyright litigation relating to the misuse of a number of copyright works by a competitor.
- Acting for a UK design brand in relation to a business critical design infringement and misuse of confidential information dispute with a competitor.
- Acting for Meltwater in the landmark CJEU and UK Supreme Court copyright case.
- Acting for Virgin Media in the ITV v TV Catchup copyright litigation in the CJEU.
- Acting for a number of international pharmaceutical companies in relation to parallel import issues in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Co-ordinating and managing global brand protection programmes for a number of multinational companies.
- Acting for a luxury multinational in relation to a number of copyright, trade mark and design disputes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- TRACIT - Member
- IACC - Member
- INTA - Member
- ACG - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- Nottingham Law School (Distinction) (2002)
- University College London (LL.B.) (2001)
Julia is regularly quoted on IP issues relating to luxury and fashion, including by Vogue Business, the Financial Times and Business of Fashion.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.