Alistair Craig is a partner in Baker McKenzie's London office. Before joining the Firm in 2013, Alistair worked in the transaction tax and international tax services groups of a Big 4 accounting firm for many years.
Alistair advises on all areas of UK corporate tax, with a particular focus on cross-border M&A work. This includes tax structuring, tax due diligence and post-transaction integration. He also counsels clients on general international tax advisory matters, including complex group reorganisations, cross-border financing and supply chain structures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for FedEx on their acquisition of TNT Express BV.
- Acted for Abbott Laboratories on the UK aspects of the sale of their non-US developed markets specialty and branded generics business to Mylan NV.
- Acted for Accenture on a number of UK and cross-border transactions.
- Acted for SPX Corporation in relation to the spin-off of their Flow business.
- Acted for Baxter International Inc on the UK aspects of the spin-off of their biopharmaceutical business, to create a new publicly traded group, Baxalta Inc.
- Acted for Platinum Equity in connection with a number of European transactions.
- Advised Ingram Micro on their acquisition of ANOV Expansion SAS.
- Acted for Ardian in relation to a number of fund structuring transactions.
- Advised Eaton Corporation on a number of bolt-on acquisitions.
- Acted for a Middle Eastern investment company in relation to a joint venture investment.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Taxation - Chartered Tax Advisor
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- University of Glasgow (Law) (1998)