Alistair J Craig
Baker & McKenzie Services Limited
Alistair Craig is a partner in Baker McKenzie's London office where he leads the Transaction Tax team. He also chairs the Firm’s EMEA Tax Planning and Transactions sub-group. Before joining the Firm in 2013, Alistair worked in the transaction tax and international tax services groups at Ernst & Young.
Alistair advises on all areas of UK and international corporate tax, with a particular focus on cross-border M&A work for a wide range of multinational corporates and private equity clients. His practice encompasses tax structuring, tax due diligence, negotiation of the tax aspects of deal documentation and post-transaction integration. He also counsels clients on general international tax advisory matters, including complex group reorganisations, cross-border financing and supply chain structures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Jain Irrigation on the merger of its international irrigation business with Rivulis
- Advised Embracer Group on a number of transactions in the video games sector
- Acted for Puig on its acquisition of a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury, the iconic British luxury make-up and skincare brand.
- Acted for Unilever on a number of transactions including its EUR 3.3 billion acquisition of GSK’s health food drinks portfolio in Asia.
- Advised Vertiv Holdings on its USD 1.8 billion acquisition of E&I Engineering Ireland and its affiliate, Powerbar Gulf.
- Acted for Accenture on a number of UK and European acquisitions.
- Acted for H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of Aspire Pharma Ltd.
- Advised The Rohatyn Group (TRG) on the sale of Pet Network to A&M Capital Europe.
- Advised Mondelēz International on the acquisition of a majority interest in Grenade.
- Acted for FedEx on the acquisition and post-acquisition integration of TNT Express BV.
- Acted for Abbott Laboratories on the UK aspects of the sale of their non-US developed markets specialty and branded generics business to Mylan NV.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Taxation - Chartered Tax Advisor
- University of Glasgow (LL.B. (Hons) European Law and French) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.