Jieun Tak is a member of Baker McKenzie’s North American Transactional Group and is based in New York.
Jieun began her legal career as a summer associate in the Firm’s New York office. Prior to law school, she was the Assistant to the Chilean Ambassador to the United States.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sika on the acquisition of MBCC and on the related remedy divestiture and carve-out.
- Advised Sika on the acquisitions of United Gilsonite Laboratories and American Hydrotech.
- Advised Bayer on the acquisitions of Vividion Therapeutics and Asklepios BioPharmaceutical.
- Advised Unilever on the acquisitions of Paula’s Choice, Onnit, The Laundress, Hourglass Cosmetics and Living Proof.
- Advised Nielsen on its sale to a private equity consortium led by Elliott Management and Brookfield.
- Advised Nielsen on the global carve-out and divestiture of Nielsen IQ to Advent International, on the divestiture of its music data business, and on the acquisitions of SuperData Research and Gracenote.
- Advised Spectrum Brands on the global carve-out and divestiture of its battery business to Energizer.
- New York~United States (2017)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D.) (2016)
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School (Certificate in Management) (2015)
- American University (B.A., summa cum laude) (2010)