Ash is a partner in the Corporate M&A team in Baker McKenzie's London office. She joined the Firm in 2022, having spent over a decade at a Magic Circle firm. She advises on a wide range of corporate transactions including domestic and cross-border private M&A, joint ventures, restructurings, reorganisations, listed company advice and corporate governance.
Ash was recognised in the 2022 Legal 500 rankings (M&A Upper Mid-Market and Premium Deals, over GBP 500 million) which reported that "Ash is among the best lawyers I have ever worked with anywhere – truly world class. Sharp, commercial, attentive, super committed and, on a personal level, an absolute joy to deal with. Trusted advisor for sure” and "Ash Tiwari is an excellent lawyer. She is proactive, clear, straightforward and pragmatic in her advice."
In addition to client work, Ash is actively involved in the Firm's diversity and inclusion initiatives and is a central member of the Firm's Global India Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising KCA Deutag on its USD 1.9 billion financial restructuring including negotiations with noteholders/shareholders and post-restructuring reorganisation.
- Advising KCA Deutag on its acquisition of the Omani and Saudi business of Dalma Energy for USD 660 million and subsequent joint venture arrangements with Dalma (Winner of M&A Deal of the Year – IFLR Awards 2018).
- Advising Saudi Aramco’s USD 15 billion joint venture investment in Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries’ oil-to-chemicals business (aborted).
- Advising Hanesbrands Inc. on the sale of its European fashion retail business by way of auction to Regent L.P.
- Advising TripAdvisor on its acquisition of Bookatable from Michelin.
- Advising DeepMind Technologies, the ground-breaking UK artificial intelligence company, on its acquisition by Google Inc.
- Advising a consortium of 15 banks on the restructuring of Thomas Cook and the (aborted) sale of its tour operator business to Fosun Tourism Group.
- Advising SIG plc on the sale of its Air Handling division to France Air.
- Advising Thomson Reuters on the integration aspects of its sale of a majority stake in its Financial & Risk business to a consortium led by the Blackstone Group for USD 17 billion.
- Advising Thomson Reuters on its acquisition of the WM/Reuters foreign exchange benchmarks calculation business from State Street Corporation.
- Winner of M&A Deal of the Year (IFLR Awards 2018) - for advising KCA Deutag on its acquisition of Dalma Energy for USD 660 million and subsequent joint venture arrangements.
- Advising Hope and Homes for Children, an international charity that works to protect vulnerable children by moving them out of institutions and into family based care, on its fundraising contractual arrangements.
- Advising a global charity on its investment into an Indian hydro-power project.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice Course with Distinction) (2007)
- London School of Economics (BA History with First Class Honours) (2005)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Global India Practice Group