Ash is a partner in the Corporate M&A team in Baker McKenzie's London office. She joined the Firm in 2022, having spent over a decade at a Magic Circle firm. She advises on a wide range of corporate transactions including domestic and cross-border private M&A, joint ventures, restructurings, reorganisations, listed company advice and corporate governance.
Ash was recognised in the 2022 Legal 500 rankings (M&A Upper Mid-Market and Premium Deals, over GBP 500 million) which reported that "Ash is among the best lawyers I have ever worked with anywhere – truly world class. Sharp, commercial, attentive, super committed and, on a personal level, an absolute joy to deal with. Trusted advisor for sure” and "Ash Tiwari is an excellent lawyer. She is proactive, clear, straightforward and pragmatic in her advice."
In addition to client work, Ash is actively involved in the Firm's diversity and inclusion initiatives and is a central member of the Firm's Global India Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Coats Group PLC on its acquisition by way of auction of Texon, the global shoe components business, from Navis Capital Partners for USD 297 million.
- Advising Coats Group PLC on its acquisition by way of auction of Rhenoflex, the global footwear solutions business, from a European private equity fund.
- Advising S&P Global on the sale of its engineering solutions business to KKR for USD 975 million.
- Advising S&P Global on its USD 44 billion merger with IHS Markit.
- Advising Cochlear, the Australian hearing implants business, on its acquisition of Oticon Medical from Demant for a reported valuation of USD 120 million.
- Advising KCA Deutag on its USD 1.9 billion financial restructuring including negotiations with noteholders/shareholders and post-restructuring reorganisation.
- Advising KCA Deutag on its acquisition of the Omani and Saudi business of Dalma Energy for USD 660 million and subsequent joint venture arrangements with Dalma (Winner of M&A Deal of the Year – IFLR Awards 2018).
- Advising Saudi Aramco on its USD 15 billion joint venture investment in Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries’ oil-to-chemicals business (aborted).
- Advising DeepMind Technologies, the ground-breaking UK artificial intelligence company, on its acquisition by Google Inc.
- Advising Hanesbrands Inc. on the sale of its European fashion retail business by way of auction to Regent L.P.
- Winner of M&A Deal of the Year (IFLR Awards 2018) - for advising KCA Deutag on its acquisition of Dalma Energy for USD 660 million and subsequent joint venture arrangements.
- Advising Hope and Homes for Children, an international charity that works to protect vulnerable children by moving them out of institutions and into family based care, on its fundraising contractual arrangements.
- Advising a global charity on its investment into an Indian hydro-power project.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice Course with Distinction) (2007)
- London School of Economics (BA History with First Class Honours) (2005)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Global India Practice Group