Our Patent Litigation practice has over three decades of experience handling significant patent litigation matters and experienced patent trial lawyers in over 30 countries.
We represent clients in first instance and appellate patent infringement litigation, particularly developing and executing patent enforcement strategies to resolve multijurisdictional disputes in 30+ countries around the world.
We act in patent and design arbitration and other ADR proceedings where possible and advantageous to the client, for a more efficient and cost-effective resolution.
We advise on complex patent questions across the full range of technical specializations, including issuing opinions on patentability, validity, and infringement, and provide strategic advice on the most suitable jurisdiction and forum for any dispute.
We regularly represent clients across a wide range of industries before patent administrative bodies, including in validity trials and hearings.
Our team of patent lawyers and agents hold undergraduate and advanced technical degrees, possess practical work experience as engineers in various technologies and also include former patent examiners.
We have particular expertise in digital media, optical devices, circuits and controls, computer software, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, petrochemicals, electronics/semiconductors, mechanical and financial sectors.
Efficiency & Pricing
Our sophisticated methods and technologies for effective and efficient case management are a result of three decades of patent litigation experience.
We invest in client knowhow, including our Employee Creations Handbook, Global Patent Litigation Handbook and Trade Secrets Handbook.
- Band 1 IP Firm for 15 consecutive years - Chambers Global
- Most widely ranked firm in both WTR 1000 and IAM Patent 1000
- Global IP Firm of the Year 2022 – Managing IP
- Mexico Trademark Firm of the Year and Switzerland Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year - Managing IP Awards 2022
- Americas Firm of the Year and European Trademark Firm of the Year - Managing IP Awards 2021
- Over 40 attorneys recognized as WIPR Leaders for patent and trademark – World IP Review
- Involved in wireless telecommunications patent cases for over 25 years
- Protects innovators from attacks by patent trolls
- Represented all of top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 7 of the top 10 medical device companies in the world on patent and IP matters
“Baker McKenzie’s trademark division may make most of the headlines, but patent owners are consistently delighted by the service on offer at this innovative firm. The global titan achieves the rare distinction of having practitioners ranked in three continents – South America, Asia and Europe, where the Moscow contingent continue to knock it out of the park on a range of hard IP briefs. Whatever the legal regime, companies can rest assured that their instructions will be handled in a way that maximizes the value of their crown-jewel assets.” – IAM Patent 1000 Survey
"The ‘very responsive and highly commercial’ team at Baker McKenzie LLP ‘goes out of its way to meet clients’ needs in a creative and solution-oriented way’.” – Legal 500
“Baker McKenzie always provides outstanding service and expertise. While we tend to use them for dispute related issues, we have also utilized their world wide foot print and expertise with regards to a number of media issues in areas like China, the Middle East and the EU.” – Client quote, Media Law International
Hiroshi J. SheratonPartner
Juan Pablo Concha DelgadoPartner
Marina Hurtado CruzPartner
- Mexico City
John G. FlaimPartner