We represent clients in first instance and appellate patent infringement litigation, in 30+ countries around the world.
We act in patent and design arbitration and other ADR proceedings where possible, as it is less formal, less expensive, and less time-consuming than a trial.
We advise on complex patent questions across the full range of technical specialisations, including issuing opinions on patentability, validity, and infringement.
We represent clients before patent administrative bodies in validity trials and hearings.
We have more than three decade's experience handling significant local and cross-border patent litigation matters.
We have particular expertise in the digital media, optical devices, circuits and controls, computer software, healthcare, and financial sectors.
Efficiency & Pricing
Our sophisticated methods and technologies for effective and efficient case management are a result of three decades of patent litigation experience.
We invest in client knowhow, including our Employee Creations Handbook and Global Patent Litigation Handbook.
- Patent trial lawyers in 30+ countries
- Acted in landmark US CIS versus Nintendo decision
- 3+ decades of experience handling significant patent litigation matters
- Involved in wireless telecommunications patent cases for 25+ years
- Our top 10 clients have combined revenues of more than $500BN
- Chambers has ranked us Band 1 globally for IP: 2009-2016
- Ranked in 13 Countries – IAM Patent 1000 Survey
- Ranked in 12 Countries for Patents – Managing IP
- Most Represented 2016 WIPR Leaders Directory for Patent and Trademark – World IP Review
- Top Tier in APAC for Patents – Asian Legal Business IP
"Baker McKenzie's trademark division may make most of the headlines, but patent owners are consistently delighted by the service on offer at this innovative firm. The global titan achieves the rare distinction of having practitioners ranked in three continents - South America, Asia and Europe, where the Moscow contingent continue to knock it out of the park on a range of hard IP briefs. Whatever the legal regime, companies can rest assured that their instructions will be handled in a way that maximises the value of their crown-jewel assets." IAM Patent 100 Survey
"Baker McKenzie's global reach makes everything easier for us - one-stop shopping." Client quote, Chambers