Juan Pablo Concha joined Baker McKenzie Colombia in 1994 and was named partner in 2009. Although he can practice only in Colombia, he also provides advisory services in international intellectual property rights enforcement to multinational and local companies.
Mr. Concha’s practice is focused on intellectual property enforcement through administrative, civil or criminal litigation, and also covers unfair competition. He also has wide-ranging experience in handling and coordinating trademark and patent portfolios in Colombia as well as in Latin America.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented perfume brand owners against a big importer of counterfeit perfumes in Colombia.
- Advised a big technological company in the enforcement of its IP rights in the Latin American region (Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Peru and Argentina).
- Acted for major technology companies in training sessions with Customs in order to update authorities on Border Measures.
- Obtained recognition of a various famous trademarks obtained favorable and expedite decision in preliminary injunction on cases involving patent infringement as notoriously well-known trademarks in Colombia.
- Acted in the name of a big multinational entertainment company in the apprehension of counterfeit products in the port of Buenaventura.
- Seized an important number of luxury products with different trademarks jointly with the Attorney General’s Office.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- AMCHAM (Cámara Colombo-Americana) - Director, Committee of Intellectual Property
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Member
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition - Member
- Colombia (1996)
- University of Los Andes (Law) (2030)
- University of Los Andes (Graduate Studies) (2030)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Master's Degree Commercial Law) (1996)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Faculty of Law (1994)