Whether it’s a brand, technology or creative work, intellectual property is one of the most significant components in commercial transactions. IP assets increasingly drive business deals as more and more companies realize the value of innovation, as well as potential pitfalls of mismanaging IP rights in the global market.
What we do
We act on IP heavy acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, re-organisations, sponsorships and franchisings.
We act on tax-driven IP restructurings and migrations; transfer pricing analyses and advise on IP/tax strategy.
Security Over IP
We advise on financial arrangements where security is taken over IP.
IP in Insolvency
We advise on IP issues arising in insolvency situations.
Size & Reach
We're the world's largest full service IP practice, bringing together in-market IP expertise at the local level, with cross-border transactional experience and perspective. This delivers
global expertise with centrally coordinated consistency
We work collaboratively across IP, M&A and tax to deliver some of the most innovative customized solutions seen in the transactional IP space
We invest in client knowhow, including our Employee Creations Handbook; T-Recs - Trademark Recordal Solutions Platform; and Pat-Recs - Patent Recordal Solutions Platform
We deliver a process driven approach to the commodity aspects of transactional IP, using technology to deliver solutions that allow our market-leading lawyers to focus their input on the issues that add real value to your transactions
- World's largest full-service IP practice
- Locally ranked IP practice in 95% of our markets
- Uniquely, we have our own in-house economists to value IP transactions
- We run brand disposal transactions for one of the world's largest FMCG companies
- Our top 10 IP clients have combined revenues of more than $500BN
- Chambers has ranked us Band 1 globally for IP: 2009-2016
- Global IP Firm of the Year 2015 – Managing IP
- Top Tier IP Firm APAC, EMEA and LatAm – Chambers
- Southeast Asian IP Firm of the Year 2016 – Asian Legal Business IP
- IP Team of the Year 2015 – The Lawyer
"Their lawyers are very commercial and sensible, and they don't over-lawyer." Client quote, Chambers
"Rights holders appreciate the expertise and quality … They get everything right first time, which winds up saving money in the long run." IAM Patent 1000 Survey