Marina's practice includes counseling, strategy and contentious cases for the protection and defense of patents and brands. She also advises on advertising and labeling pre-clearance for new products and campaigns, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, commercial information, and sanitary affairs.
She also handles administrative litigation before the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property, nullity trials before the Federal Tribunal on Administrative Matters, constitutional litigation before the Collegiate Circuit Courts and District Courts, as well as procedures before the Federal Consumer Protection Agency, the Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risks and the Ministry of the Interior.
Representative Legal Matters
- Handled counseling of patents, utility models and industrial designs for various clients. Coordinated audits, due diligence, licensing and strategy development for the protection, prosecution and defense of these rights.
- Litigated numerous infringement and nullity cases. Implemented winning trial strategies to protect and enforce intellectual property and advertising campaigns of leading companies in a variety of industries, such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare, cosmetics, food and beverages, consumer goods and alcohol.
- Mexico (2007)
- Institute INEDUFARM (Diploma Degree in Sanitary Regulation for the Pharmaceutical Industry) (2013)
- Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre (LLM Intellectual Property) (2009)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (Law Degree) (2007)