Marina's practice includes counseling, strategy and contentious cases for the protection and defense of patents and designs. She handles administrative litigation before the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property, nullity trials before the Federal Tribunal on Administrative Matters, constitutional litigation before the Collegiate Circuit Courts and District Courts.
She advises on advertising and labeling pre-clearance for new products and campaigns, promotions, commercial information and sanitary affairs and handles procedures before the Federal Consumer Protection Agency, the Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risks and the Interior Ministry.
Representative Legal Matters
Handled counseling of patents, utility models and industrial designs for various clients. Coordinated audits, due diligence, licensing and strategy development for the protection, prosecution and defense of these rights.
Litigated numerous infringement and nullity cases. Implemented winning trial strategies to protect and enforce intellectual property and advertising campaigns of leading companies in a variety of industries, such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare, cosmetics, food and beverages, consumer goods and alcohol.
Mediated intercorporate and corporate-university technology transfer negotiations, and counseled these clients in the protection of intellectual property issues.
Covered the absence of the Legal Director of a pharmaceutical company gaining an important insight into the implication of Intellectual Property and Healthcare protection from a pharma perspective.
- Rising Star in Intellectual Property (Mexico), Managing IP 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM)
- Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Mexico (2007)
- Univ. Nacional Autonoma of Mexico (Diploma in Energy Law) (2018)
- Institute INEDUFARM (Diploma Degree in Sanitary Regulation for the Pharmaceutical Industry) (2013)
- Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre (LLM Intellectual Property) (2009)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (Law Degree) (2007)
- Co-author, “Global Practice Guide for Life Sciences 2019”, Chambers & Partners UK, 2019
- Speaker, "Examining the USMCA. A Closer Look at the Patent Term Adjustment and Test Data Exclusivity”, 7th Munich Intellectual Property Law Center Alumni Conference on IP and Competition Law, Munich, Germany, 2019
- Speaker, “Errores más comunes en la transferencia de tecnología” (Most Common Errors in Technology Transfer Transactions), National Congress of Technology Transfer Offices Mazatlán, Mexico, 2018
- Author, “En busca del éxito comercial de investigación y desarrollo" (In Search of Commercial Success of Research and Development), Periódico Reforma, Mexico, 2018
- Author, "Sororidad Profesional" (Professional Sorority), Reporte Nivel Uno Review and Blog AMPPI (Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property), Mexico, 2018