Mackenzie Martin is based in the Dallas office of Baker McKenzie and previously worked for the Taipei, Hong Kong, and Shanghai offices. Ms. Martin’s primary areas of practice are patent litigation, patent prosecution, intellectual property portfolio advising, and China-related intellectual property matters. Ms. Martin was named as one of the "Lawyers on the Rise" by Texas Lawyer in 2016.
Ms. Martin’s practice includes litigating complex patent infringement and other intellectual property suits, including cross-border litigation. Ms. Martin represents clients at all stages of litigation, including emergency injunctive relief, default judgments, pleadings, discovery, motion practice, patent claim analysis and construction, patent infringement and validity analysis, claims and defenses preparation, hearings, appeals, and trials. Ms. Martin also handles administrative hearings and trials relating to post-grant review of US and foreign patents. Ms. Martin prepares and prosecutes patents in the US and various foreign countries, and she has experience working with clients and inventors during all stages of patent prosecution. Ms. Martin advises clients regarding freedom-to-operate decisions and provides infringement and invalidity opinions and advice. Ms. Martin also handles and advises clients on China-related intellectual property matters.
Ms. Martin is an electrical engineer and has experience in a variety of technical fields, including software, networks, communication systems, integrated circuits, semiconductor devices, computer memory technology, optics, stereographics, LEDs, solar cells, medical devices, financial systems, and display technology.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Speakers Committee (2012-2014)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Member
- Susan G. Komen North Texas - Vice President of Board of Directors (2011-2014)
- Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court - Associate (2013-2015)
- Kansas State University Electrical and Computer Engineering Department - Advisory Committee Member
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2013)
- Texas~United States (2008)
- Fudan University (2008)
- Washington University (J.D.) (2008)
- Nanjing University (2005)
- Kansas State University (B.S. Electrical Engineering summa cum laude) (2003)
- Hong Kong