Baker McKenzie advised Cummins Inc. on the global reorganization of its filtration business and successful initial public offering of Atmus Filtration Technologies Inc., the company's filtration business unit. The separation was designed to enable enhanced focus on key strategic initiatives and empower continued innovation in core and new technologies.
In connection with its IPO, Atmus began trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “ATMU” on 26 May 2023. Atmus is a global leader in filtration and media solutions.
Cummins remains a global power leader of complementary business segments that design, manufacture, distribute and service a broad portfolio of power solutions.
Serving as lead counsel, Baker McKenzie advised Cummins on key legal aspects of the IPO, global carve-out and proposed split-off transaction, including securities, customs and trade, employment and compensation, real estate, environmental, IP, regulatory and tax matters. Led by partners Christina Bullock, Mark Mandel, Carol Stubblefield, Piotr Korzynski and Christine Sloan, the team spanned multiple practices across 24 offices.
The US core team includes:
- IPO: Mark Mandel, Carol Stubblefield, Adam Buehler, Yitian Cai, Estefania Lalinde
- Transaction Agreements: Piotr Korzynski, Josephine Bae, Andrea Tovar, Alexander Fields
- Reorganization: Christina Bullock, Alexandra Daniels, Sofia Guzman-Valle, Anastasia Shishkina, Nina Nolan, Cara Cicciarelli
- Real Estate: Sarah Winston
- Environmental: Jessica Wicha
- Litigation: Maurice Bellan, Marilyn Batonga
- Tax: Christine Sloan, Matt Jenner, Moe Worsley, Emily Berg
- Employment and Compensation: Elizabeth Ebersole, Goli Rahimi, Maura-Ann McBreen
- IPTech and Data Privacy: Brian Hengesbaugh, Adam Aft, Alysha Preston, Cristina Messerschmidt
A transactional powerhouse with more than 2,500 deal lawyers in 45 jurisdictions, Baker McKenzie is a market-leader in cross-border and global reorganization transactions, planning, managing and implementing multibillion dollar complex M&A, spin-off, post-acquisition integration and similar projects across numerous jurisdictions. Located in financial centers and emerging markets, the seasoned transactional team provides seamless counsel through local excellence, deep sector knowledge, commercial acumen and refined transactional techniques to maximize deal certainty and deliver maximum value to clients.