Piotr (Pete) E. Korzynski is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate & Securities Group in Chicago. He has experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, equity transfers, corporate finance, SEC compliance matters, shareholder activism and corporate governance.
Pete has also maintained an active pro bono practice and currently serves as the Chair of the Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law’s Professionals’ Council, a volunteer board supporting the organization’s national anti-poverty advocacy. He has represented the Shriver Center and asylum applicants in various US federal appellate matters.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Pete was an associate in the corporate practice group of a New York-based international law firm. He also previously served as an extern to the Honorable Joan B. Gottschall, judge of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. While in law school, Pete served as a senior editor and articles committee member of the Stanford Law & Policy Review.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Pete worked on the following representative matters:
- Represented Ball Corporation in its USD 8.4 billion acquisition of Rexam PLC and its related divestiture of USD 3.42 billion in assets to Ardagh Group S.A.
- Represented The Hillshire Brands Company in its proposed USD 6.6 billion acquisition of Pinnacle Foods Inc. and subsequent USD 8.55 billion sale in an unsolicited and contested transaction to Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Represented Wisconsin Energy Corporation in its USD 5.7 billion acquisition of Integrys Energy Group, Inc.
- Represented Horizon Pharma Public Limited Company in its unsolicited USD 2.26 billion tender offer to acquire Depomed, Inc.
- Represented Stryker Corporation in its USD 1.65 billion acquisition of MAKO Surgical Corp. and its USD 664 million acquisition of Entellus Medical, Inc.
- Represented Digital River Inc. in its USD 840 million sale to an investor group led by Siris Capital Partners.
- Represented Ecolab Inc. in its acquisition of Swisher Hygiene, Inc.
- Represented Northern Trust Corporation in its offering of USD 750 million in 3.950% subordinated notes due 2025.
- Represented CF Industries, Inc. in its offering of USD 500 million of 3.400% senior secured notes due 2021 and USD 750 million of 4.500% senior secured notes due 2026.
- Represented Morgan Stanley as the lead underwriter in Hospira, Inc.’s offering of USD 350 million of 5.2% notes due 2020 and USD 350 million of 5.8% notes due 2023.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2013)
- Illinois~United States (2012)
- Stanford Law School (JD with Pro Bono Distinction, Gerald Gunther Prize for Outstanding Performance in Constitutional Law I) (2012)
- University of Chicago (BA with general honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Lee Family Prize) (2007)
Author, "'Forcing the Offer': Considerations for Deal Certainty and Support Agreements in Delaware Two-Step Mergers," Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, 2 April 2018