Helen Brown is a partner in the London IT/Commercial Department. Together with Julia Hemmings, Helen heads up the Consumer and Commercial Advisory Practice.
Helen advises on all aspects of offline and online sales to consumers including issues relating to data privacy, sales promotion and advertising with particular focus on the fashion retail and digital media sectors. She has extensive experience of advising and negotiating distribution, agency and franchising agreements. Helen also assists companies on the legal aspects of promotional activities and tie-ups with charities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Providing strategic advice to a number of international retailers on the roll-out of online consumer sales channels, including recent changes to the EU and UK consumer protection legislation, marketing/advertising regulations and privacy issues.
- Advising a major UK-based public limited company on all aspects of promotions (sweepstakes/prize draws, contests and competitions).
- Advising a global digital services provider on online advertising and sales to children.
- Providing advice to a luxury goods retailer on collection of personal data and regulation of direct marketing to consumers by email, text and post.
- Advising a US-based electronics company on its EU-wide manufacturer warranty.
- Negotiating a key UK sales and distribution agreement for a premier overseas lager brand.
- Drafting and advising on licence and franchising agreements for a global car hire business.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (1996)
- Bristol University (Diploma IP Law) (1997)
- College of Law, Chester (L.P.C.) (1994)
- College of Law, Chester (C.P.E.) (1993)
- Oxford University (Master of Arts Modern History) (1991)