Our London office advises clients on some of the most significant deals in the UK and global markets, such as Bain Capital's £2.2-billion sale of the Brakes Group to leading North American foodservice distributor Sysco Corporations, Towers Watson's £11.5-billion merger with Willis Group, and the Gherkin receivership, one of London's largest real estate restructurings.
London100 New Bridge Street
London EC4V 6JA
Local expertise, global approach
As one of the world’s most active transactional firms, we help clients structure and execute a full spectrum of M&A transactions. We advise on all aspects of Banking & Finance, from origination through closing, and collaborate with many of the 750 Dispute Resolution lawyers across our global Firm to help clients resolve complex matters.
Pro Bono & Community Service
We are signatories to the LawWorks pro bono protocol, provide legal advice to the World Land Trust, and have worked with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees in the Supreme Court case of HJ (Iran) & HT (Cameroon), a ruling that determined gay, lesbian and bisexual asylum-seekers cannot be returned to countries where they would face persecution.
We also collaborated with the Public International Law and Policy Group for Tanzania on an analysis of the UN Convention Against Torture and other international instruments governing terrorism and prohibitions on torture.
Inclusion & Diversity is part of our DNA at Baker McKenzie and we are proud of our inclusive office environment which encourages innovation, and where diverse talent thrives. We have developed a reputation as a market leader for attracting, developing and promoting diverse talent and our approach to Inclusion & Diversity has strengthened our relationships with clients through shared values. Inclusion & Diversity supports the success of the firm and its people, our aim being to reflect the diversity of society and of our clients. Our recent achievements include:
- Ranking 10th in the 2018 Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and being listed as one of 10 Top Trans Employers.
- Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
- Ranking 10th in the 2018 Social Mobility Employer Index and being named as one of 12 Social Mobility Business Compact Champions.
- Winning the Global Trade & Customs Compliance Law Firm of the Year at the Women in Compliance Awards 2018.
- Featuring in the Lord Mayor's Appeal's mental health campaign, This is Me.
- You can find out more about our commitment to Inclusion & Diversity here.
- You can view the diversity breakdown of all London office staff here.
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC311297. Baker & McKenzie LLP is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein. A list of members’ names is open to inspection at its registered office and principal place of business, 100 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6JA.