Our London office advises clients on some of the most significant deals in the UK and global markets, such as Bain Capital's £2.2-billion sale of the Brakes Group to leading North American foodservice distributor Sysco Corporations, Towers Watson's £11.5-billion merger with Willis Group, and the Gherkin receivership, one of London's largest real estate restructurings.
Local expertise, global approach
As one of the world’s most active transactional firms, we help clients structure and execute a full spectrum of M&A transactions. We advise on all aspects of Banking & Finance, from origination through closing, and collaborate with many of the 750 Dispute Resolution lawyers across our global Firm to help clients resolve complex matters.
The London office of Baker McKenzie offers exceptional career opportunities for both qualified lawyers and business services professionals. A career here can provide a range of diverse and fascinating paths, supported by our world-class learning programs that will help you develop as far and as fast as your talents and drive will take you. This is made possible by our coordinated approach to talent management and the integrated way we link the recruitment, professional career development and performance management of our people.
Much of the work that happens in London spans borders and involves advising and co-ordinating complicated transactions. To do this effectively, we need to work closely with colleagues in our offices across the world. It is what makes us a truly global firm. Our unique combination of local insight and global reach is at the heart of our strategy, which helps us understand our clients’ businesses, their cultures and goals.
We are good, really good … Take a look at some of our recent awards and achievements
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2020 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
- Named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.
- Recognised in 2019 as a top 10 employer in the UK for LGBT+ equality, and named as one of 10 Top Trans Employers, in Stonewall's Top 100 Best Employers listing.
- Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
- Ranking 5th in the 2019 Social Mobility Employer Index.
- Winning the Best International Firm (UK), Best International Firm for Minority Women Lawyers, and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the European Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
Pro Bono & Community Service
We are signatories to the LawWorks pro bono protocol, provide legal advice to the World Land Trust, and have worked with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees in the Supreme Court case of HJ (Iran) & HT (Cameroon), a ruling that determined gay, lesbian and bisexual asylum-seekers cannot be returned to countries where they would face persecution.
We also collaborated with the Public International Law and Policy Group for Tanzania on an analysis of the UN Convention Against Torture and other international instruments governing terrorism and prohibitions on torture.
Inclusion & Diversity is part of our DNA at Baker McKenzie and we are proud of our inclusive culture which encourages innovation, and where diverse talent thrives. We have developed a reputation as a market leader for attracting, developing and promoting diverse talent and our approach to Inclusion & Diversity has strengthened our relationships with clients through shared values. Inclusion & Diversity supports the success of the Firm and our people, our aim being to reflect the diversity of society and of our clients.
Our recent achievements include:
- Winner of 'International Law Firm of the Year' at the LexisNexis Women in Law Awards
- Ranked as Stonewall Top Global Employer for 2020, won 'Global Trans Inclusion Award 2020'
- Sponsors of the Black British Business Awards
- Signatory of the Race at Work Charter
- Winner of 'International Mentorship Programme Award' and France 'Firm of the Year', with five individual awards at the Women in Business Law Awards 2021
- Featured in Top 20 Social Mobility Employer Index 2021
- Signatory for Valuable 500, designed to attract and retain people with disabilities
- You can view the diversity breakdown of all London office staff here.
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
We also run a number of Affinity Groups across the office: BakerWomen, BakerEthnicity, BakerPride+Allies, BakerOpportunity (focused on social mobility), BakerDisability and BakerWellbeing. These groups play an active role in consulting on workplace and Firm issues, as well as making suggestions for programmes and improvements to policy so that we can better service all our employees. They also organise events and networking opportunities throughout the year, to ensure inclusion for all and to promote each of their causes.
London100 New Bridge Street
London EC4V 6JA
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC311297. Baker & McKenzie LLP is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein. A list of members’ names is open to inspection at its registered office and principal place of business, 100 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6JA.