Manuel is active in M&A, private equity (including venture capital) and corporate restructuring, with a focus on cross-border transactions. He was awarded the Client Choice Award for M&A Switzerland 2017 for his dedicated work (quotes: “a fierce negotiator; his knowledge is not limited to mergers and acquisitions, he has equal expertise in all fields of law” and “is fast, reliable and always delivers top-quality advice, which is a rare combination”).
Manuel is also a lecturer at the Lucerne School of Business and Economics and is the author of various articles and commentaries in his field.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several IT start-ups on financing and corporate matters.
- Delivered corporate advice to a pharmaceutical group entering Switzerland.
- Advised and represented an overseas company in acquiring a mid-sized IT company.
- Counseled listed multinational companies in the worldwide integration of a newly-acquired group of companies.
- Advised several multinationals in the reorganization of their global group structure.
- Represented and advised a Swiss private bank in a merger control filing proceeding on its acquisition of another Swiss private bank.
- Advised an international company on its relocation to Switzerland.
- Advised an international private equity fund in a merger control filing proceeding on the acquisition of an international food producer.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- French Swiss Chamber of Commerce
- Switzerland (2008)
- University of Fribourg (Dr. jur. Law) (2015)
- University of Fribourg (Master's Degree Law) (2005)
Co-author, "Think ICO, think global," International Financial Law Review IFLR, July/August 2018
Co-author, "Pflichtwandeldarlehen aus bedingtem Kapital," GesKR 2/2017
Co-author, "Eigenes Rechtsdomizil nach der Praxismitteilung EHRA 2/15 – Zwei auslegungsbedürftige Begriffe," REPRAX 1/17
Author,"Konzernreorganisationen," Baker McKenzie Zurich, Zurich 2017
Interview, “Innovation ist eine mehrwertstiftende Denk- und Arbeitsweise,” Fokus Rechtsguide 2018 (of the Tagesanzeiger)