Dr. Meyer advises national and international investors such as multinationals private equity and venture funds on investments in Swiss based companies, reorganization of acquired businesses and development of investment and ownership structures. He has established a noteworthy perception in FinTech through constantly developing new legal structures to fit the market needs. He is also the architect of the legal structure of the equity-linked Token.
Dr. Meyer is the author of various articles and commentaries in his field and a lecturer in the Lucerne School of Business of the Lucerne of Applied Sciences and Arts. He was rewarded for his dedicated work with the Client Choice Award for M&A Switzerland 2017 and was described as “a fierce negotiator; his knowledge is not limited to mergers and acquisitions, he has equal expertise in all fields of law” and “is fast, reliable and always delivers top-quality advice, which is a rare combination.”
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several IT start-ups on financing and corporate matters.
- Delivered corporate advice to a pharmaceutical group entering Switzerland.
- Advised and represented an overseas company in acquiring a mid-sized IT company.
- Counseled listed multinational companies in the worldwide integration of a newly-acquired group of companies.
- Advised several multinationals in the reorganization of their global group structure.
- Represented and advised a Swiss private bank in a merger control filing proceeding on its acquisition of another Swiss private bank.
- Advised an international company on its relocation to Switzerland.
- Advised an international private equity fund in a merger control filing proceeding on the acquisition of an international food producer.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- French Swiss Chamber of Commerce
- Switzerland (2008)
- University of Fribourg (Dr. jur. Law) (2015)
- University of Fribourg (Master's Degree Law) (2005)
Co-author, "Think ICO, think global," International Financial Law Review IFLR, July/August 2018
Co-author, "Pflichtwandeldarlehen aus bedingtem Kapital," GesKR 2/2017
Co-author, "Eigenes Rechtsdomizil nach der Praxismitteilung EHRA 2/15 – Zwei auslegungsbedürftige Begriffe," REPRAX 1/17
Author,"Konzernreorganisationen," Baker McKenzie Zurich, Zurich 2017
Interview, “Innovation ist eine mehrwertstiftende Denk- und Arbeitsweise,” Fokus Rechtsguide 2018 (of the Tagesanzeiger)