Leading global law firm, Baker McKenzie has advised Carlsberg, the Danish multinational brewer, on the sale of Baltika, the biggest brewer in Russia, as well as on the separation of the Russian business from the rest of the Carlsberg Group.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.
Led by London Partner, Nick Bryans, the Baker McKenzie team included:
• Corporate: Ben Saraci and Matthew Bennett (Senior Associates, London), Silvina Rueda and Debaditya Datta (Associates, London), Meredith Hughes (Trainee), Osama Audi (Partner, Abu Dhabi), Grace Ong (Counsel, Abu Dhabi)
• Intellectual Property: Ash von Schwan (Senior Associate, London), Bryan Poon (Associate, London)
• Commercial: Jalil Karim (Senior Associate, London)
• Finance: Nick O’Grady and Priyanka Usmani (Partners, London), James Kirkpatrick (Senior Associate, London)
• Trade and Competition: Sunny Mann (Partner, London), Paul Amberg (Partner, Madrid), Fiona Carlin (Partner, Brussels), Andrew Rose (Senior Associate, London), Marcela Pirola (Associate, Brussels), Tom Jenkins (Special Counsel, Hong Kong)
• Tax: Alistair Craig (Partner, London), Marina Tokunova (Legal Director, Amsterdam)