Priyanka Usmani is a Senior Associate in Baker McKenzie’s Banking and Finance Department based in London. Priyanka predominantly acts on restructuring and insolvency matters, often with multi-jurisdictional aspects, representing a range of clients both on the debtor side (acting for companies and financial sponsors) and on the creditor side (acting for institutional lenders and funds).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Barclays Bank plc (as Security Agent) on the financial restructuring of BMI Healthcare, one of the largest private hospital groups in the UK
- Advising the joint administrators of Monarch Airlines.
- Advising Saudi Telecom Corporation and its board appointees in respect of the Turk Telecom restructuring.
- Advising a group of distressed debt funds, as lenders to the holding company of Agrokor d.d., the Croatian conglomerate, in connection with their exposure to the group.
- Advising Van Gansewinkel, the Dutch waste and energy business, on its EUR 800 million restructuring, including a partial debt-for-equity swap, implemented by way of six English law schemes of arrangement.
- Advising Guardian Communications, then owner of the UK's emergency services mobile communications network and service provider, Airwave, on its GBP 2 billion refinancing.
- Advising international plastics manufacturer Klockner Pentaplast on its debt restructuring and eventual acquisition by SVP Global.
- Advising Mouchel, the infrastructure and business services group, on its GBP 170 million restructuring, implemented via a debt-for-equity swap as part of a prepackaged administration.
- Advising National Car Parks, the UK's largest private car park operator, on its GBP 650 million restructuring, including the sponsor's new money commitment, implemented via a scheme of arrangement.
- Advising the joint administrators of Heritable Bank plc (in administration), the UK subsidiary of Landsbanki Islands hf. in relation to the wind-down of its GBP 1 billion estate.
- Advising the joint administrators of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Ltd (in administration), the UK subsidiary of Kaupthing Bank hf. in relation to the wind-down of its estate.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation - Member
- Turnaround Management Association - Member
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.