Priyanka Usmani is a partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Banking & Finance Department based in London. Priyanka predominantly acts on restructuring and insolvency matters, often with multijurisdictional aspects, representing a range of clients both on the debtor side (acting for companies and financial sponsors) and on the creditor side (acting for institutional lenders and funds). Priyanka has also spent time on secondment within the restructuring team at a leading UK clearing bank.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Jain Irrigation on its ongoing multijurisdictional bank and bond debt restructuring of USD 200 million notes issued by its wholly owned Dutch subsidiary, being implemented by way of an English law scheme of arrangement.
- Advised the joint administrators of Paperchase Products Limited (in administration) on a prepackaged sale of certain parts of its business.
- Advised the agent and trustee in respect of the three Greensill Notes Programmes in relation to the impact of the administration of Greensill Capital (UK) Limited on the Greensill Notes Programme.
- Advised Global Ports on the refinancing of its USD 250 million New York law governed notes issued by its wholly owned Turkish subsidiary, including in relation to a proposed scheme of arrangement.
- Advised GLAS (in various capacities as trustee and agent) on the restructuring of PizzaExpress, implemented via the new UK Restructuring Plan.
- Advised a global children’s entertainment brand on a UK share acquisition via a prepackaged administration.
- Advised Barclays Bank PLC as Security Agent in the GHG (a UK healthcare company) financial restructuring and enforcement sale.
- Advised Van Gansewinkel, the Dutch waste and energy business, on its c. GBP 800 million restructuring, including a partial debt-for-equity swap, implemented by way of six interconditional English law schemes of arrangement.
- Advised Mouchel, the infrastructure and business services group, on its c. GBP170 million restructuring, implemented via a debt-for-equity swap as part of a prepackaged administration.
- Advised the joint administrators of Heritable Bank plc and Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Ltd.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation - Steering Committee Member
- Turnaround Management Association - Member
- Insolvency Lawyers Association
- INSOL Europe
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.