Nick is a partner in the banking and finance team of Baker McKenzie. Nick is based in London and his experience includes a secondment to The Blackstone Group and to the Hong Kong office of his previous firm.
Nick's practice focuses on cross-border leveraged and acquisition financing, real estate finance and distressed debt investing. Nick regularly advises private equity funds, debt funds, banks and corporates on a range of financing products and structures in particular, European TLB, Bank/Bond financings, Unitranche, Holdco PIK, Real Estate Senior/Mezzanine and special situations matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Nick handled the following matters:
- Advised Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A.
- Advised Hellman & Friedman with respect to the refinancing and subsequent disposal of SSP Holdings Limited.
- Advised Charlesbank Capital Partners with respect to the financing of its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited.
- Advised Kohlberg & Co LLC with respect to the financing of its acquisition of Marker Völkl (International) GmbH.
- Advised TPG Capital with respect to the refinancing of Poundworld Retail Limited.
- Advised TPG Capital with to the the financing of its acquisistion of a stake in Nox Group.
- Advised HIG with respect to the refinancing of Cabonline the Scandinavian taxi business.
- Advised a major US Opportunity fund on its financing for the acquisition of a major shopping centre in Europe.
- Advised Anchorage Capital in connection with the acquisition of New Century Care Group.
- Advised Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Cooper Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.