Nick is a partner in the banking and finance team of Baker McKenzie. Nick is based in London and his experience includes a secondment to The Blackstone Group and to the Hong Kong office of his previous firm.
Nick's practice focuses on cross-border leveraged and acquisition financing, real estate finance and distressed debt investing. Nick regularly advises private equity funds, debt funds, banks and corporates on a range of financing products and structures in particular, European TLB, Bank/Bond financings, Unitranche, Holdco PIK, Real Estate Senior/Mezzanine and special situations matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Nick handled the following matters:
- Advising H.I.G. Capital with respect to the acquisition and financing of Aspire Pharma Limited.
- Advising The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland on the acquisition financing of the acquisition of Learning Pool by Marlin Private Equity.
- Advising H.I.G. Capital with respect to the acquisition and financing via its portfolio company Vernacare Limited of each of the plastics business of Frontier Medial and the Robinson Healthcare Group.
- Advising the Edwardian Hotel Group on its financing arrangements.
- Advising the initial purchasers and mandated lead arrangers in with respect to the green bond and revolving facility financing for Vía Célere Desarrollos Inmobiliarios, S.A.
- Advising the initial purchasers and mandated lead arrangers in with respect to the green bond and revolving facility financing for Neinor Homes, S.A.
- Advising the initial purchasers and mandated lead arrangers in with respect to the green bond and revolving facility financing for AEDAS Homes, S.A.
- Advising the mandated lead arrangers in respect of the Encore Capital Group' bank, bond financing arrangements.
- Advising a syndicate of banks, led by Citibank and J.P. Morgan as coordinators, with respect to a multicurrency revolving credit facility provided to VEON Holdings B.V.
- Advising Novator Capital, a private alternative investment firm, with respect of certain of its structured financing and investment arrangements.
- Advising Hermes Airports with respect to its syndicated senior/mezzanine syndicated facilities.
- Advising Readly AB with respect to its pre-IPO financing arrangements.
- Advising Charlesbank Capital Partners with respect to the financing of its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited.
- Advising Impala Platinum Holdings Limited with respect to the acquisition and financing of North American Palladium.
- Advising a joint venture comprising DPK, Macquarie and Sun Hung Kai on its acquisition and financing of 17 Columbus Courtyard.
- Advising Platinum Equity with respect to the acquisition and financing of Pitney Bowes' mail delivery business.
- Advising Rhone Capital with respect to the acquisition and financing of Schlumberger's drilling business.
- Advising the Olayan Group in relation to the possible offer and related acquisition financing for Intu Properties Plc by a consortium comprising the Olayan Group, the Peel Group and Brookfield.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A.
- Advising TPG Capital with respect to the financing of its acquisition of a stake in Nox Group.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman with respect to the refinancing and subsequent disposal of SSP Holdings Limited.
- Advising Kohlberg & Co LLC with respect to the financing of its acquisition of Marker Völkl (International) GmbH.
- Advising TPG Capital with respect to the refinancing of Poundworld Retail Limited.
- Advising H.I.G. Capital with respect to the refinancing of Cabonline the Scandinavian taxi business.
- Advising a major US Opportunity fund on its financing for the acquisition of a major shopping centre in Europe.
- Advising Anchorage Capital in connection with the acquisition of New Century Care Group.
- Advising Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Cooper Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.