Matthew is an associate in the Corporate team in Baker McKenzie's London office. He is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group, as well as its Consumer Goods & Retail (CG&R) Industry Group. Matthew was seconded to BP's Integrated Supply and Trading division based in Canary Wharf, London for six months in 2017.
Matthew's practice focuses on cross-border and domestic M&A and joint ventures, as well as advising on intra-group reorganisations and providing corporate governance and maintenance advice, primarily for clients active in the consumer and pharmaceutical sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Puig on its acquisition of a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury, the iconic British luxury makeup and skincare brand.
- Advised Unilever on its acquisition of GlaxoSmithKline's Health Food Drinks portfolio in India, Bangladesh and 20 other predominantly Asian markets.
- Advised Unilever on its acquisition of the home and personal care business of Quala in Latin America.
- Advised Unilever on the divestment of its direct application laundry business in Central America to Industria La Popular, a Guatemalan-based home and personal care company.
- Advised Siemens on its acquisition of Process Systems Enterprise Limited, a technology-leading global supplier of software and services for advanced process modelling.
- Advised McDonald's on multiple transactions in the UK.
- Advised Novo Nordisk in connection with its acquisition of a UK based biotechnology firm, Ziylo Ltd, with a potential value of USD 800 million.
- Advised a pharmaceutical industry client on the design and implementation of new board and governance structures across its EMEA group companies.
- Advised private company clients on changes to the UK Corporate Governance laws, including the delivery of training to directors and developing group-wide corporate governance frameworks.
- England & Wales (2017)
- University of Law (LPC) (2015)
- University of Law (GDL) (2014)
- University of Southampton (BA History) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.