Tom Jenkins is Special Counsel in Baker McKenzie’s Asia-Pacific Antitrust and Competition practice, based in Hong Kong. He advises clients across a range of transactional, advisory and contentious competition matters and regularly speaks at leading antitrust events in the region.
Before joining the Hong Kong office in 2015, Tom was based in Baker McKenzie’s Brussels office, where he advised clients on the full range of EU and UK competition law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised FedEx on the Chinese merger clearance aspects of its USD 4.8 billion acquisition of TNT.
Advised Jinjiang Hotels in connection with the merger control aspects of its acquisition of the Radisson Group.
Advised Agfa on the Chinese merger control aspects of its strategic alliance with Lucky HuaGang Graphics.
Advised METRO AG on the establishment of a strategic partnership with Wumei Technology Group, a leading retailer in China.
Standing advisor to a household name in fast-moving-consumer-goods for Asia-Pacific competition matters.
Advised a number of clients on confidential matters in connection with leniency regimes in Hong Kong and China.
- Up-and-coming Lawyer in Antitrust/Competition (China/Hong Kong), Chambers Greater China Region, 2022
- Rising Star in Antitrust & Competition (Hong Kong), Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2022
- Next Generation Lawyer in Antitrust & Competition (Hong Kong), Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019-2021
- Competition, Future Leaders (Non Partners), Who's Who Legal, 2019-2020
- Hong Kong~China (2018)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- Oxford University (Bachelor of Civil Law) (2006)
- London School of Economics (LLB, First class honors) (2005)
Co-author, "Getting Ready for the Competition Ordinance,” Journal of the Hong Kong Chartered Institute of Secretaries, December 2015
Co-author, "Competition Law in Europe: What to Expect in 2014," European Competition Law Review ( 35 E.C.L.R., Issue 6)
Co-author, "A Risky Business: RPM in China," Competition Law Insight, 15 October 2013
Co-author, "Commission Increasingly Tough on Failure to Cooperate," International Law Office, 25 July 2013
Co-author, "Should EU Merger Control Cover Minority Shareholdings?" International Law Office, 3 October 2013