Nick is a partner in Baker McKenzie's London office and a member of the M&A and Corporate Finance teams. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Nick was a partner in another international law firm for over 14 years and was the head of Middle East and based in Dubai from 2007 to 2010. Nick spent one year on secondment to a San Francisco law firm between 1999 and 2000.
With over 25 years' experience, Nick focuses on public and private M&A, capital raisings, and corporate governance and advisory work. Nick has considerable experience advising on matters in a number of sectors, including oil and gas, renewable energy, infrastructure, industrials, consumer goods and healthcare. Nick regularly counsels the boards of public limited companies on a range of strategic, transactional and governance matters and regularly works on transactions involving Japanese and Middle East clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Unikmind Holdings Limited on its cash offer for the shares of Kape Technologies plc not already owned by Unikmind, with an implied equity value for Kape of USD 1.5 billion.
- Advising Nokian Tyres on the sale of its Russian operations to Tatneft PJSC.
- Advising Amcor on the sale of its three factories in Russia to HS Investments for EUR 370 million.
- Advising Capita plc on the sale of Security Watchdog to Bridgepoint-owned Matrix and its resourcing businesses to Inspirit Capital.
- Advising Wilbur-Ellis in connection with the merger of its "Connell" business and Caldic B.V., owned by Advent International, to form a leading global life sciences and specialty chemicals solutions distribution platform with combined sales of c. EUR 3 billion
- Advising ICU Medical, Inc. on the acquisition of the Smiths Medical division from Smiths Group plc.
- Advising Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation on the acquisition of Smarter Grid Solutions Limited.
- Advising SCG Packaging on its acquisition of Go-Pak (UK) and its Vietnamese subsidiaries.
- Advising Tokyo Gas on its investment in, and strategic alliance with, Octopus Energy.
- Advising Mitsui & Co. Ltd, on its investment in UK energy supplier, Tonik.
- Advising Stirling Industries plc on its proposed acquisition of Ipsen International from Quadriga Capital.
- Advising Oxford Instruments on the disposal of its Industrial Analysis business to Hitachi High-Technologies.
- Advising Lamprell plc on its joint venture with Saudi Aramco, Hyundai Heavy Industries and The Saudi National Shipping Company (Bahri) in respect of the USD 5 billion King Salman International Complex for Maritime Industries & Services.
- Advising Dar al-Handasah, on its indicative offer for, and acquisition of a significant stake in, ASX-listed WorleyParsons.
- Advising Dar al-Handasah’s subsidiary, Curie & Brown, on its takeover offer for Sweett Group.
- Advising Oxford Instruments in connection with its recommended takeover offer for Andor Technology.
- Advising River and Mercantile Group on its IPO
- Advising Credit Suisse and Numis on the IPO of Foxtons.
- Advising Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan Cazenove, Canaccord and Numis on the IPO of esure.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1996)
- College of Law at Store Street (Legal Practice Course) (1994)
- University of Westminster (Examinations Common Professional) (1993)
- University of Exeter (B.A. Economics, Hons.) (1992)
Author, "Opportunities in Distressed M&A", June 2020
Author, "PIPEs Unblocked, Finally?", IFLR, April 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.