Nick is a partner in Baker McKenzie's London office and a member of the M&A and Corporate Finance teams. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Nick was a partner in another international law firm for over 14 years and was the head of Middle East and based in Dubai from 2007 to 2010. Nick spent one year on secondment to a San Francisco law firm between 1999 and 2000.
With over 25 years' experience, Nick focuses on public and private M&A, capital raisings, and corporate governance and advisory work. Nick has considerable experience advising on matters in a number of sectors, including oil and gas, renewable energy, infrastructure, industrials, consumer goods and healthcare. Nick regularly counsels the boards of public limited companies on a range of strategic, transactional and governance matters and regularly works on transactions involving Japanese and Middle East clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Mitsui & Co. Ltd, on its investment in UK energy supplier Tonik
- Stirling Industries plc on its proposed acquisition of Ipsen International from Quadriga Capital
- Oxford Instruments on the disposal of its Industrial Analysis business to Hitachi High-Technologies
- Lamprell plc on its joint venture with Saudi Aramco, Hyundai Heavy Industries and The Saudi National Shipping Company (Bahri) in respect of the $5bn King Salman International Complex for Maritime Industries & Services
- Dar al-Handasah, on its indicative offer for, and acquisition of a significant stake in, ASX-listed WorleyParsons
- Dar al-Handasah's subsidiary, Currie & Brown, on its takeover offer for Sweett Group
- Oxford Instruments in connection with its recommended takeover offer for Andor Technology
- River and Mercantile Group on its IPO
- Credit Suisse and Numis on the IPO of Foxtons.
- Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan Cazenove, Canaccord and Numis on the IPO of esure
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1996)
- College of Law at Store Street (Legal Practice Course) (1994)
- University of Westminster (Examinations Common Professional) (1993)
- University of Exeter (B.A. Economics Hons.) (1992)
- Author, "PIPEs Unblocked, Finally?", IFLR, April 2020
- Author, "Opportunities in Distressed M&A", June 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.