Paul Amberg is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Amsterdam office, where he handles international trade and compliance issues. He advises multinational companies on export controls, trade sanctions, antiboycott rules, customs laws, anticorruption laws, and commercial law matters.
Paul helps clients assess and address compliance risks presented by export controls, trade sanctions, antiboycott rules, customs laws, and anticorruption laws. His practice especially focuses on internal reviews, voluntary disclosure filings, and enforcement actions brought by, the US Government in relation to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), trade and economic sanctions programs, and US customs laws.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised clients in internal and external audits of compliance with US export controls and US customs laws, structuring compliance programs, and obtaining authorization from the US Government for activities subject to the EAR and ITAR, US trade and economic sanctions programs, and antiboycott rules and regulations.
- Represented clients in voluntary disclosure filings to, and enforcement actions brought by, the US Government in relation to the EAR, ITAR, US trade and economic sanctions programs, antiboycott rules and regulations, and US customs laws.
- Counseled clients on cross-border compliance issues under the FCPA, non-US anticorruption laws, and non-US commercial laws.
- Illinois~United States (2005)
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude) (2005)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A., magna cum laude) (2001)
- University of Buenos Aires (Visiting Student) (1999)