Tracy Wut is experienced in mergers and acquisitions and foreign direct investments in China. She regularly acts for clients in complex cross-border transactions, in particular in the pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector, and navigates clients through various issues relating to investments in China. She has been recommended as a leading lawyer in Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global, Corporate/M&A and Life Sciences by Chambers Asia and M&A and private equity by IFLR1000. She is the co-head of the Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Industry Group in China and Hong Kong.
Ms. Wut is knowledgeable in mergers and acquisitions, as well as a broad range of corporate and commercial matters relating to investment in China.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Cardinal Health in its acquisition of Zuellig Pharma’s China business.
- Acted for Nycomed in its acquisition of a majority stake in Guangzhou Techpool Biopharma.
- Acted for Itochu Corporation in its strategic investment in Citic International Assets Management Ltd.
- Acted for Brown Shoe in the international aspects of its acquisition of American Sporting Goods.
- Acted for OSRAM in the joint venture with Traxon Technologies, a leading global LED lighting provider.
- Acted for Fortis Investments/ABN Amro in its sale of a 49 percent stake in a PRC fund management company.
- Acted for Beiersdorf in the acquisition of C-BONS’ hair care business in China.
- Acted for Calyon Financial Hong Kong Ltd. on its acquisition of a stake in CITIC Futures Co. Ltd.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales (non-practicing) (1998)
- Hong Kong (1997)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1995)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1994)