Dung Pham has over 18 years of IP legal experience in Vietnam, focusing on contentious IP work.
Before joining the Firm in 2012, Dung headed a local boutique IP firm in Hanoi.
Dung’s practice covers a wide range of matters including trademark prosecutions, trademark disputes and enforcement, and litigation. She has coordinated with Vietnamese government authorities for numerous IP infringement cases across multiple jurisdictions, and has built up an extensive network of clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Worked alongside enforcement authorities to conduct raids against manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers of counterfeit goods in the local market.
- Assisted a client in trademark enforcement and advised on possible further course of action relating to trademark infringement and false advertising from the client’s real estate developer.
- Advised the client, a large South Korean food company, on patent enforcement, working with independent institutions to confirm patent infringement and possible course of action.
- Assisted the client with 18 raid and seizure actions of nearly 22,000 counterfeit lifestyle products bearing the client's trademarks. We actively assisted the client in authenticating the nature of the seized products, as well as closely coordinated with the Market Management Bureau and the Economic Police in various locations to handle the infringers and seized products in accordance with local laws.
- Assisted the client in 385 administrative raid and seizure actions of nearly 66,000 counterfeit luxury items, both finished products and materials. We actively assisted the client in authenticating the nature of the seized products and provided information requested by the local authorities. We closely coordinated with the authorities in different cities to handle the infringers and seized products in accordance with local laws.
- Assisted the client, a renowned apparel brand, in one of the biggest raid and seizure actions against a manufacturer of counterfeit apparel products ever conducted in Vietnam.
- Handled trademark prosecution and disputes, as well as enforcement matters, at the Firm since 2012.
- Represented a world leading hotel brand in a court action against a local infringer.
- Representing various multinational companies in battling local counterfeit manufacturers, importers and distributors of numerous products in Vietnam.
- Assisting world leading fashion brands in anti-counterfeiting activities in Vietnam.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vietnam Lawyers’ Association - Member
- Hanoi Bar Association - Member
- Qualified as an IP agent in 2006
- Hanoi (2013)
- Vietnam National University (LLB) (2010)
- National Economics University (BA, Economics) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie (Vietnam) Ltd., a limited liability company, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.