Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinated the investigation, advised and represented an auto parts manufacturers in the largest seizure derived from a raid of counterfeit parts in simultaneous locations.
- Advised on the IP aspects and risks of a multimillion dollar transaction of a leading Mexican telemetry services company, with special focus transfer of know-how, trade secrets and proprietary software.
- Represented a car rental company in the negotiation of its local main franchise and subfranchise agreements.
- Represented and advised a social network company in privacy-related disputes with Mexican authorities.
- Provided IP and business advice for several cosmetics and fashion companies in litigation and strategies to deter gray market products, including enforcement of rights on-site and in digital environments.
- Represented and negotiated for a hospitality company in a copyright and digital media dispute.
- Advised on brand enforcement issues for a heavy machinery duty company and auto parts manufacturers.
- Advised major pharmaceutical and life sciences companies on their strategies for the enforcement of IP rights in Mexico.
- Advised several clients on the recovery of hijacked trademarks and domain names.
- In cooperation with the Firm's Hong Kong office, advising a Mexican government agency on combatting piracy issues in China.
- Managing IP, Rising Star in Intellectual Property (Mexico), 2019
- Best Student Paperwork on Intellectual Property Matters, for thesis on “Secondary Meaning or Acquired Distinctiveness of Trademarks: A Comparative Law Analysis and its Perspective under Mexican Law,” Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Industrial, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce - México Chapter
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Industrial (AMPPI)
- British Chamber of Commerce - México Chapter
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition
- International Trademark Association
- Mexico (2010)
- University of California at Berkeley (LL.M.) (2021)
- Instituto de la Propiedad Intelectual y Derecho de la Competencia (Copyright Law) (2018)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Legal Argumentation) (2013)
Co-author, "The Shift to specialism: An international comparison," World Trademark Review, January, 2017
Co-Author, "Notorious Markets to Monitor," World Trademark Review, May, 2017
Author, Mexico Chapter, Baker McKenzie Trade Secrets Handbook, 2017
Author, Mexico chapter, Baker McKenzie Gray Market Handbook, 2015
Author, Mexico chapter, Baker McKenzie Global Patent Litigation Handbook, Second Edition, 2015