Ms. Chan regularly advises on brand protection, trademark application, prosecutions and registration, name clearance and IP acquisitions. She has extensive experience in commercial IP matters and has been involved in a number of contentious IP matters. She has acted for clients from around the world across a wide spectrum of industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising local and multinational clients on management and protection of their global or regional trademark portfolios.
- Coordinating regional or global brand clearance, providing risk analysis and advising on name clearance.
- Advising on strategic filing programs.
- Drafting and advising on commercial agreements, including IP assignment, licensing and distributorship agreements.
- Advising on implementation of brand protection strategies across multiple jurisdictions.
- Handling shadow companies, trademark oppositions and cancellations, and negotiating settlement agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asian Patent Attorney Association - Member
- Hong Kong Institute of Trade Mark Practitioners - Member
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- INTA - India Project 2012 - Co-Chair
- Hong Kong (1999)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1997)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B. Honors) (1996)
Host, Roundtable for International Trademark Association, December 2012
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.