Pamela leads our New York IP & Technology Practice. She is consistently ranked by Chambers USA and World Trademark Review, and was recognized as one of the "Top 250 Women in IP" by Managing IP in 2023. Clients describe Pamela as "a legal whizz. What sets her apart is her business expertise and ability to craft viable, actionable solutions. She responds quickly and is a pleasure to work with" (Chambers USA Client Interview - 2023).
Pamela has extensive experience in structuring, negotiating and implementing transactions involving the acquisition, development, exploitation and sale of IP rights, including mergers and acquisitions, licenses, joint ventures, strategic alliances, research and development collaborations, digital publishing, e-commerce, outsourcing and corporate finance transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global renewables and energy solutions provider in its negotiations with a hydrogen fuel cell innovator of a technology license agreement for certain Asian markets.
- Advise Lumileds, a global lighting solutions leader, on its global trademarks and designs portfolio.
- Represent The C.S. Lewis Company in the protection and exploitation of the copyrights and trademarks in the works of C.S. Lewis in all media.
- Represented Marshall Cavendish Corporation in its sale of its children's books imprint to Amazon Publishing.
- Advised a major Japanese chemicals company on its acquisition and license back of certain patent and know-how technology in the synthetic biology field from an entity in which it had invested pursuant to a strategic alliance.
- Advised a chemical manufacturing company on patent and know-how issues in connection with a joint venture relating to ground-breaking technology for the semiconductor market.
- Advised a pharmaceutical venture company on the negotiation of an exclusive license agreement between one of its portfolio companies and a major research university involving patents, know-how and biological materials for treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Advised a multinational corporation that manufactures agricultural and forestry machinery on the IP and technology issues raised in a global re-restructuring of its IP licensing, R&D, engineering services and other agreements.
- Prepared a Technology Transfer Manual for a world energy leader setting forth best practices for the protection of its IP, particularly in the context of technology transfer transactions.
- Advised a global leader in renewable solutions in its technology development license with a specialty chemical company relating to bio-based chemical development.
- New York~United States
- Yale University (B.A., cum laude)
- New York University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Bonn (Graduate Fellowship)