Joyce Smith chairs the California International Commercial Group, leads the Global IP Transactions and Tax Practice, and serves on the North America International Commercial Practice Group Steering Committee. Joyce is also a member of the Firm's Global Inclusion & Diversity Committee, North America Inclusion & Diversity Committee, and Global Taskforce on Racial and Ethnic Diversity.
Joyce's practice focuses on advising multinational companies on complex global business transactions, transformations and expansion, including tax, corporate and supply chain restructurings, IP migrations, spin offs, M&A, and post-acquisition integrations with a particular focus on the commercial, IP/tech and intercompany aspects involved with the design, planning and implementation of these transactions. She has represented clients ranging from start-ups to large multinational corporations in a variety of industries, with a focus on technology, healthcare and life sciences.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Bar Association - Member
- California State Bar Association - International Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar - Member
- California Minority Counsel Program - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (1996)
- California~United States (1993)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.D.) (1993)
- Georgetown University (B.S./B.A., cum laude) (1988)
- Nijenrode University in Amsterdam (International Business and Economics) (1986)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.