Caitlin Whale is a partner in the Technology, Communications and Commercial team. She advises on technology, outsourcing and commercial law issues. Caitlin advises on technology and rights-specific issues in large corporate and commercial transactions, and has experience in managing multi-territory licensing and divestments for multi-national clients. She has extensive experience in advising on a range of commercial arrangements, including licence and software agreements, research and development and collaboration agreements, supply agreements and distribution agreements. Caitlin has experience in rights management and enforcement, advising on the ownership, registration, exploitation and protection of copyright, trade marks and designs. She has represented rights-owners and users and has particular experience in relation to online infringement issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a multinational information technology corporation in relation to a regional supply framework with a large telecommunications provider.
- Drafting supplier's standard terms for supply of hosting, ASP and SaaS services.
- Acting for an ICT supplier for a multi-territory tender to provide a customer's global public and private cloud solutions.
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2013)
- New South Wales~Australia (2005)
- University of Sydney (B.A., Honors)
- University of Sydney (LL.B., Honors)