Eva-Maria Strobel is a partner in the Firm's European Intellectual Property Practice Group. Managing IP and WTR 1000 rank Eva-Maria Strobel as one of the leading trademark lawyers in Switzerland. Eva-Maria is admitted to the bars in Switzerland and Germany, and worked in the Firm’s Frankfurt office prior to relocating to Zurich.
Eva-Maria focuses on the development and implementation of intellectual property strategies to protect and commercialize her domestic and multinational client’s intangible assets. She supports her clients with legal strategies to procure and protect all kinds of intellectual property rights as well as trade secrets, and advises on the domestic and international implementation of business decisions, licensing, contracting and litigation to maximize economic returns on such intangible assets. Eva-Maria’s specialization entails drafting and negotiating all kinds of agreements pertaining to intellectual property, including license agreements, joint-venture agreements, research and development agreements, non-disclosure agreements as well as prior rights agreements. Eva-Maria supports national and international clients in developing and implementing a global and comprehensive IP protection policy. She conducts IP portfolio audits, tailors trademark and design clearances, manages large global trademark and design portfolios and represents clients in IP related enforcement, litigation and in relation to governmental administrations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Manages the global trademark and design portfolio for a multinational manufacturer of jewelry and watches.
- Advises local and international clients on trademarks, copyrights and unfair competition.
- Handles all legal issues related to advertising, marketing and promotional schemes, in particular in view of international marketing strategies.
- Develops a strategy to protect intangible assets of a Swiss company active in the tire recycling business.
- Helps clients review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts, including framework agreements, co-operation agreements, license agreements, research and development agreements, agency agreements, and loyalty program agreements.
- Assists in the enforcement of the client’s rights against counterfeiters and parallel importers.
- Advises clients on domain name conflicts.
- Assists on all aspects of cosmetic and food law associated with the planned introduction of new products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German-Swiss Lawyers' Association - Member
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property & Copyright (GRUR) - Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Member
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners - Member
- European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA) - Member
- Swiss Institute for Intellectual Property - Member
- Swiss Marketing Club - Member
- Attorney, Canton of Zurich~Switzerland (2013)
- Foreign Attorney, Canton of Zurich~Switzerland (2008)
- Frankfurt/M.~Germany (2002)
- District Court of Duisburg (2001)
- University of Leiden (1999)
- University of Bonn (1998)