Michaela Petsche is a senior associate in the Baker McKenzie IPTech team in the Vienna office. Michaela has almost 15 years of experience in IP litigation and advisory, in particular in the fields of trademarks, patents and (digital) copyright, with a strong European focus. Prior to joining the Firm in 2021, Michaela was a cooperation partner at one of Austria’s leading IP boutiques and an IP consultant at the Austrian headquarter of an international law firm in Vienna. Michaela already specialized on Intellectual Property law during her studies at the Universities of Vienna, Leuven / Brussels, Paris I - Sorbonne and Cornell Law School and during her court practice. Michaela is consistently recognized in the individual and/or firm rankings of Chambers Europe, the Legal 500 Europe, World Trademark Review, Managing IP, and JUVE Geistiges Eigentum (Marken- und Wettbewerbsrecht, Patentrecht) with WTR (2020) ranking her as “a go-to for critical matters, one of the most refined and dedicated attorneys in the country”.
While her experience covers the full range of intellectual property law, Michaela’s current practice focus is on complex IP litigation and advisory for international and domestic clients in the fields of trademarks and digital copyright with a strong European emphasis.
- Intellectual Property, Chambers Global 2021, Chambers Europe 2020
- World Trademark Review, Austria’s Top TM Professionals 2020/21
- Trademark, Unfair Competition and Patent Law, JUVE IP Austria 2020/21
- Bar exam distinction, Vienna Bar Association, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association (RAK Wien) - Member
- Österreichische Vereinigung für Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (ÖV) - Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Member
- Marques - Member
- Austria (2014)
- KU Leuven (Postgraduate Exchange Program IP/IT Law) (2005)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2004)
- Universite Paris I - La Sorbonne (2003)
- Cornell Law School (Summer Institute of International and Comparative Law)
- Author, “Keyword Advertising unter bestimmten Umständen erlaubt,“ ÖBl 2021/1
- Co-author, § 22 PatG, Stadler/Koller, Kommentar zum Patentgesetz, 2019
- Co-author, Austrian part, Marques, Unfair Competition Team - Country Report, 2020
- Co-author, Austrian part, Marques, Unfair Competition Team - Country Report, 2018
- Co-author, “EuGH gewährt zweite Chance auf .eu-Wunschdomain“, Die Presse, August 2012
- Co-author, “Wie Urheber im Web zu ihrem Recht kommen könnten“, Die Presse, May 2012
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.