Rebecca Lederhouse is an attorney in the Firm’s Global Intellectual Property Practice. She helps clients register, protect and enforce their intellectual property in the US and abroad. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. Lederhouse was a partner at an international law firm and more recently was in-house counsel at a large retailer where she handled brand strategy, brand managing and re-branding initiatives.
Rebecca Lederhouse assists multinational corporations in the registration, protection and enforcement of their trademarks, copyrights, domain names and other intellectual property globally. She also represents trademarks owners in matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and conducts legal reviews of advertising campaigns, promotions, contests and websites. Rebecca regularly advises client companies from the shipping and logistics, advertising, financial services, chemical, beauty and personal care, consumer products, luxury goods, computer games, and food and beverage industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Helps brand owners obtain trademark well-known status in foreign jurisdictions.
- Advises on wide variety of social media, advertising, marketing and promotions issues.
- Coordinates brand adoption and rebranding for Fortune 100 companies.
- Addresses IP issues in context of corporate and financing transactions, including perfection of security interests, drafting of IP-related agreements, provisions and due diligence.
- Illinois~United States (1988)
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D. cum laude) (1988)
- Wheaton College (B.A.) (1983)