Martina Grama is a senior associate in the Intellectual Property team at Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG in Vienna. Prior to joining the Firm in April 2016, Martina was a junior partner in an Austrian business law firm where she focused on IP/IT and unfair competition law. She graduated at the Law School of Johannes Kepler University in Linz and has been admitted to the Vienna bar in 2012. Martina is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on IPI/IT and unfair competition law topics, e.g. for the IBA or at CAMPUS 02 – University of Applied Sciences in Graz. She has also published numerous articles on IP topics. Martina is ranked in the practice area intellectual property in the Chambers & Partners’ Global Guide and the Chambers & Partners’ Europe Guide.
Martina advises multinational and domestic clients on IP matters including trademark law, patent and utility model law, designs law and copyright law. She also focuses on unfair competition law and media law. Martina works on the IP aspects of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and other strategic alliances, as well as related IP matters in IT and e-commerce industries.
- Intellectual Property, Chambers Global 2021-2023
- Bronze, World Trade Review (WTR) 1000 Austria
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for industrial property rights, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2012)
- University of Linz (Rechtswissenschaften) (2007)
- Law School of Johannes Kepler University
- Co-author, "Die EU geht Greenwashing an die Wäsche," Wiener Zeitung, March 2023
- Co-author, "Gießkannenverbot für Verwertungsgesellschaften," DiePresse, May 2016
- Author, "Klarstellung zum postmortalen Persönlichkeitsrechtsschutz," ÖBl 2014/39
- Co-author, "Neuerungen zum Schutzumfang der Schwarz-Weiß-Marken," ecolex 2014, 620ff
- Co-author, "Leerkassettenvergütung auf dem Prüfstand," ecolex 2013, 640ff
- Co-author, "Double-Opt-In - Zulässige Schutzmaßnahmen oder SPAM?," ecolex 2013, 145ff
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.