Robert Arnold is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie where he advises on planning and executing IP protection and enforcement strategies. Prior to joining the Sydney office, he had more than 15 years' experience working with Baker McKenzie in Hong Kong, and is the current Regional Co-ordinator of the Firm's Asia Pacific Intellectual Property Practice Group.
Robert's practice focuses on advising clients on all aspects of the protection, enforcement and exploitation of their IP rights in Australia and across the Asia Pacific region. He also has more than 20 years' experience in cross-border intellectual property protection.
Representative Legal Matters
- Devising and implementing cross-border anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy programs.
- Advising multi-national companies in the protection of their intellectual property rights in Australia and Asia.
- Handling major "bet the company" litigation involving IP rights in Australia.
- Developing cost-effective strategies for the enforcement of IP rights.
- Managing IP portfolios.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition
- Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group (PTMG)
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APPA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners
- Hong Kong (1985)
- New South Wales~Australia (1983)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1981)
- College of Law at Sydney (S.F.E.) (1979)
- University of Warwick (LL.B.) (1978)
- University of Grenoble (B.A.) (1977)
- Hong Kong