The 15th edition of the Baker McKenzie International Arbitration Yearbook is now available.
Each year we work to provide timely and relevant information on the key developments in arbitration across 46 jurisdictions.
This year our review includes the following:
- New arbitral rules from major institutions including ACICA, AFSA, AIAC, ICSID, JAMS, JCAA, SWISS, and UNCITRAL
- The ongoing reform of arbitration legislation to reflect international best practice, including significant proposed changes in China, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg and Peru
- The continued effects of the European Court of Justice's decision in Achmea and the subsequent termination of intra-EU BITs by most EU member states
- The New York Convention's continued expansion, which now provides for the enforcement of arbitral awards in 169 jurisdictions worldwide
- The increasing use of artificial intelligence and technology in arbitration, such as electronic filing and case management platforms, as well as virtual/hybrid hearings
The Yearbook is published electronically via our Global Arbitration News blog.
With over 350 arbitration practitioners in key emerging markets and major financial and arbitration centers worldwide, we are already on the ground when disputes arise, providing easy access and cost savings, backed by the strength and resources of a global law firm.Find Out More About Our Services