Representative Legal Matters
Representing a state entity from Southeastern Europe in an ICC arbitration over the early termination of a concession agreement.
Representing in a post-M&A arbitration over the ownership of a leading food industry company under the Swiss Rules.
Successfully represented the meat processing company Gavrilović in the first ever ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Croatia.
Successfully represented a client in post-M&A arbitration under the Vienna Rules arising out of an investment on the Croatian coast, including a successful defense in setting aside proceedings before the Austrian Supreme Court.
Successfully acted for an Asian publicly listed company in a post-M&A dispute in the power industry under the Vienna Rules.
Represented gas companies in contract price revision disputes involving long-term supply and transportation agreements under the Vienna Rules.
Successfully represented a bank in arbitration involving the effects of insolvency on arbitration in Eastern Europe.
Advised a US company in the settlement of a multinational product liability dispute.
Represented shareholders in a corporate dispute under the Swiss Rules.
Represented a group of shareholders in a corporate ad hoc arbitration involving a major Austrian company.
- Future Leader - Partners Arbitration 2020, Who's Who Legal, 2020
- Up and Coming in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (Austria), Chambers Global 2019 and Chambers Europe 2019
- Ranked for Foreign Expertise in Central & Eastern Europe, Chambers Global 2019
- Next Generation Partner in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Mediation (Austria), The Legal 500, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP) - Advisory Board Member
- Belgrade Arbitration Center - Member of the Board
- New York State Bar Association (International Section) - Member of the Executive Committee
- Arbitration Association (Serbia) - Member
- Association „Arbitri“ (Bosnia & Herzegovina) - Advisory Board Member
- Austria (2014)
- New York~United States (2010)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (2009)
- University of Vienna (2007)
Moderator, "Take a chance on me" Dealing with Budgeting and Optimizing Costs Panel, The ASA below 40 Fall Seminar "Money, money, money: tackling costs in international arbitration," Zurich, November 2018
Moderator, "Regional" Round Table, Co-organized by the Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP), the Vienna International Arbitral Center (VIAC), the Belgrade Arbitration Center (BAC) and the Serbian Arbitration Association, Belgrade, November 2018
Speaker, "Tribunal or State Court - when to go where for interim measure," Making the Most of Interim Measures Panel at Asia ADR Week, Kuala Lumpur, May 2018
Moderator/closing remarks, “Young Approaches to Arbitration,” Conference co-organized by the ICC YAF and the Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP) during the VIS Moot, Vienna, March 2018
Author, "European Court of Justice brings legal uncertainty for EU-investors," (EuGH bringt Rechtsunsicherheit für EU-Investoren), Der Standard, March 2018