Representative Legal Matters
Representing a state entity from Southeastern Europe in an ICC arbitration over the early termination of a concession agreement.
Representing in a post-M&A arbitration over the ownership of a leading food industry company under the Swiss Rules.
Successfully represented the meat processing company Gavrilović in the first ever ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Croatia.
Successfully represented a client in post-M&A arbitration under the Vienna Rules arising out of an investment on the Croatian coast, including a successful defense in setting aside proceedings before the Austrian Supreme Court.
Successfully acted for an Asian publicly listed company in a post-M&A dispute in the power industry under the Vienna Rules.
Represented gas companies in contract price revision disputes involving long-term supply and transportation agreements under the Vienna Rules.
Successfully represented a bank in arbitration involving the effects of insolvency on arbitration in Eastern Europe.
Advised a US company in the settlement of a multinational product liability dispute.
Represented shareholders in a corporate dispute under the Swiss Rules.
Represented a group of shareholders in a corporate ad hoc arbitration involving a major Austrian company.
- Foreign Expertise for Central & Eastern Europe (Dispute Resolution), Chambers Global 2014 - 2021
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (Austria), Chambers Global 2021 and Chambers Europe 2021
- Amongst 14 “Most Highly Regarded” Partners in EMEA, Future Leaders, Arbitration, Who's Who Legal 2021
- The Arbitration Powerlist 2021: Central and Eastern Europe, The Legal 500
- Next generation partners in dispute resolution: arbitration and mediation, Legal 500 Europe 2020/2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP) - Advisory Board Member
- Belgrade Arbitration Center - Member of the Board
- New York State Bar Association (International Section) - Member of the Executive Committee
- Arbitration Association (Serbia) - Member
- Association „Arbitri“ (Bosnia & Herzegovina) - Advisory Board Member
- Austria (2014)
- New York~United States (2010)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (2009)
- University of Vienna (2007)
- Co-author, "Handbuch Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit und ADR," LexisNexis ARD ORAC, 29. Juli 2021
- Author, "Protection of investment: Why Austria insists on bilateral agreements" ("Investitionsschutz: Warum Österreich auf bilateralen Abkommen beharrt"), Die Presse, May 2020
- Co-author, "Ceta saved, Arbitration at risk," (Ceta gerettet, Schiedsgerichte gefährdet), Die Presse, May 2019
- Speaker, "Online arbitration – Armageddon or New Normal?", joint webinar organized by Young Croatian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP) and the Under 40 section of Arbitration Association (Serbia), May 2020
- Arbitrator, Rounds of 64 and 32, 27th Vis Moot, Vienna, April 2020
- Speaker, Lecture on "Shareholder Disputes in Arbitration," Slovak Bar Association, Bratislava, December 2019