Representative Legal Matters
Representing a state entity from Southeastern Europe in an ICC arbitration over the early termination of a concession agreement.
Representing in a post-M&A arbitration over the ownership of a leading food industry company under the Swiss Rules.
Successfully represented the meat processing company Gavrilović in the first ever ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Croatia.
Successfully represented a client in post-M&A arbitration under the Vienna Rules arising out of an investment on the Croatian coast, including a successful defense in setting aside proceedings before the Austrian Supreme Court.
Successfully acted for an Asian publicly listed company in a post-M&A dispute in the power industry under the Vienna Rules.
Represented gas companies in contract price revision disputes involving long-term supply and transportation agreements under the Vienna Rules.
Successfully represented a bank in arbitration involving the effects of insolvency on arbitration in Eastern Europe.
Advised a US company in the settlement of a multinational product liability dispute.
Represented shareholders in a corporate dispute under the Swiss Rules.
Represented a group of shareholders in a corporate ad hoc arbitration involving a major Austrian company.
- Foreign Expertise for Central & Eastern Europe (Dispute Resolution), Chambers Global 2014 - 2021
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (Austria), Chambers Global 2021 and Chambers Europe 2021
- Amongst 14 “Most Highly Regarded” Partners in EMEA, Future Leaders, Arbitration, Who's Who Legal 2021
- The Arbitration Powerlist 2021: Central and Eastern Europe, The Legal 500
- Next generation partners in dispute resolution: arbitration and mediation, Legal 500 Europe 2020/2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP) - Advisory Board Member
- Belgrade Arbitration Center - Member of the Board
- New York State Bar Association (International Section) - Member of the Executive Committee
- Arbitration Association (Serbia) - Member
- Association „Arbitri“ (Bosnia & Herzegovina) - Advisory Board Member
- Austria (2014)
- New York~United States (2010)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (2009)
- University of Vienna (2007)
Author, "Protection of investment: Why Austria insists on bilateral agreements" ("Investitionsschutz: Warum Österreich auf bilateralen Abkommen beharrt"), Die Presse, May 2020
Co-author, "Ceta saved, Arbitration at risk," (Ceta gerettet, Schiedsgerichte gefährdet), Die Presse, May 2019
Speaker, "Online arbitration – Armageddon or New Normal?", joint webinar organized by Young Croatian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP) and the Under 40 section of Arbitration Association (Serbia), May 2020
Arbitrator, Rounds of 64 and 32, 27th Vis Moot, Vienna, April 2020
Speaker, Lecture on "Shareholder Disputes in Arbitration," Slovak Bar Association, Bratislava, December 2019